R6 install Bushing kit

Falkon45

Country flag
Hey everyone!

So, I just installed my R6 shock a couple days ago. I have a question about the bushing kit. When I ordered it, it said I needed a kit for the top and the bottom bolt. But, when I installed the shock, I only needed the bushing for the bottom bolt. Did anyone else run into this, or did I get a different year shock? Basically, the bottom of the R6 shock had a bigger bolt, and the top used a pin with a cotter pin to keep it in place.

Either way, the install went well, except for having a hard time getting the shims to fit.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Hey everyone!

So, I just installed my R6 shock a couple days ago. I have a question about the bushing kit. When I ordered it, it said I needed a kit for the top and the bottom bolt. But, when I installed the shock, I only needed the bushing for the bottom bolt. Did anyone else run into this, or did I get a different year shock? Basically, the bottom of the R6 shock had a bigger bolt, and the top used a pin with a cotter pin to keep it in place.

Either way, the install went well, except for having a hard time getting the shims to fit.

You only need the 12mm to 10mm reduction reduction bushings on the bottom. The shock bottom is also slightly narrower than the OEM shock, so there are the two bushings for the side play as well. So, the kit is 2 15mm reduction bushings and 2 side play bushings.

Falkon45

Country flag
Okay. I ended up with 4 bushings in my order. So, if anyone needs some, I have them available. Lol.