Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
We now carry a full line of Rapidbike products... Why? Full auto tune capabilities out of the box, with CLOSED LOOP fuel capabilities. That right there should sell you and if it doesn't, know that the 390 EVO Exclusive retails at $395. That is $25 cheaper outright then a base model PCV, but if you add on the auto tune function you come in $349 cheaper with the Rapid Bike. Seems smart to me!
Rapidbike EVO exclusive for KTM 390's

FDRider

Country flag
So I'm new to the tuning aspect as this is my first fuel injected bike. Right now it's all stock. I came into your shop and had you guys do the first maintenance. The rapidbike is fully auto tune without any other components correct? Just takes about 100 miles to fully tune. If so I will be ordering it with one of your custom airboxes.

John390

yep, great product.

But be warned that the claim to raise the rev limit is a false one, as long as you have a ride by wire model (17+)

Other than that, they work really well, and appear well made too.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I think I replied to you via email if not, yes its fully autotuning.
So I'm new to the tuning aspect as this is my first fuel injected bike. Right now it's all stock. I came into your shop and had you guys do the first maintenance. The rapidbike is fully auto tune without any other components correct? Just takes about 100 miles to fully tune. If so I will be ordering it with one of your custom airboxes.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Did yaman say that or your distributor? I have one at 1000rpm over right now, its not working perfectly but they are writing software to make it perfect.
yep, great product.

But be warned that the claim to raise the rev limit is a false one, as long as you have a ride by wire model (17+)

Other than that, they work really well, and appear well made too.

FDRider

Country flag
Got the RB installed as well as the new air box. Runs smoother and pulls more in the low end. It wants to rev now!
Thanks for everyone’s help.

Pes0001

Country flag
We now carry a full line of Rapidbike products... Why? Full auto tune capabilities out of the box, with CLOSED LOOP fuel capabilities. That right there should sell you and if it doesn't, know that the 390 EVO Exclusive retails at $395. That is $25 cheaper outright then a base model PCV, but if you add on the auto tune function you come in $349 cheaper with the Rapid Bike. Seems smart to me!
Rapidbike EVO exclusive for KTM 390's

I have a RB evo for the 2017 RC390. if you want real time AF ratio changes you have to use the My Tuning module. the following is from Dimsports web page In Blue
My Tuning Bike kit improves the Rapid Bike module’s auto-adaptive feature to achieve a real time auto-tuning system. Using a Bosch LS 4.9 wideband O2 sensor (lambda) the Evo and Racing modules can perform real-time correction of the injection map with an unmatchable speed and accuracy.

Without using My Tuningmodule you change the % of how much or less fuel to to add or remove at each point in the map position for RPM/Throttle Position.
So how does it auto tune when there is not even a place to set your Target Af ratio in the Rapid Bike Master software?

Here is the explanation of the EVO from Dimsport website In Blue
Rapid Bike EVO add-on module puts in your hands total control of fueling operations as it is directly connected to all stock injectors (up to eight) while managing at the same time the corresponding air/fuel ratio. In this way the carburetion values can be modified throughout the entire engine power delivery curve.The ability to manage stock lambda sensor signal allows performing the exclusive auto-adaptive feature to secure that fueling is constantly adjusted while riding the vehicle. The injection map becomes a dynamic value in order to match the changing weather conditions and driving style. This function is highly beneficial at low and medium rpm where the engine performance is poorly limited due to more and more restrictive anti-polluting regulations

So if you read between the lines.Orange highlights The first point says values can be modified. By who or by what? By the map that is preset by the programmer, Dyno tuner ,or whoever else you get to make your maps.
beneficial at low and medium rpm. This is the bikes original AF sensor sending data that has been modfied to run more or less % of fuel set by the map you have created.This is only when running in closed loop.
This is what the PCV cannot do. Adjust the closed loop mapping, even with auto tune (2017 models) PCV with auto tune can adjust af ratios above the closed loop setting 60 to 80% Throttle position ( not sure on this percentage) with your set target value. eg. 12.8:1
I am not knocking Rapid Bike but there is some misleading ( and I do not think on purpose) information on Dimsport website. Remember these units are made for all makes and models of bikes, but their web sales information is generic. It just so happens with Euro 4 emission laws manufacturers are having to install more restrictive measures into their ECUs, and this is what is causing a head ache for everyone.

rocksarntpeople

Does anyone know if the base auto map for the EVO (RC390 Edition) is sufficient for a deleted EVAP and K&N/Lidless Airbox or should one of the "modified" base maps be used? Seems to run well, just kind of curious

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Does anyone know if the base auto map for the EVO (RC390 Edition) is sufficient for a deleted EVAP and K&N/Lidless Airbox or should one of the "modified" base maps be used? Seems to run well, just kind of curious
I would probably pump about 5-8% over the stock map that they come with but Autotune will get to work on it asap and all will be fine.

John390

hey, question?

are the numbers in the fuel maps percentages? or just thier own numeric system?

IE: if I see a 9 in one box, is that 9% fuel added?

Also, any idea of rev limit raising on '17+ bikes yet?

Andy

Country flag
Rapidbike confuses the crap out of me and info/instructions ain’t that great.

For example I can see (via software) and feel it working and on PC see the installed map running. The auto adjustment is running but there is a second map in the program, how do I run that map or do I run that map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John390

so confusing, I agree.

Those other parts (fuel pump, etc) in that one tab, what the hell do they do?

It would be really nice to have good, specific instructions on what each part of the software did.

Andy

Country flag
It does look Gucci as f**k when you come in off a trackday session and plug into the laptop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk