skidrc

Tacking onto an old thread to maintain relevance.

I installed my RapidBike Evo Exclusive this weekend, into my 2014 RC390. Quite straight forward, few points that I thought worth sharing that others may not have seen.

- The ECU mounts nicely in the battery compartment IF you have a smaller lithium battery (which I do). The loom runs up there easily, the ancillary plugs tuck in nicely to one side.
- The only lead that felt a bit short was the TPS pick-up wire. I soldered on a longer run, and picked up the relevant tap wire further down the factory loom (this also helped me avoid having to unplug the TPS, which I found really hard to get to).
- While on the TPS: this tricked me up a bit. I initially got confused between (what I think is) the MAF sensor (4 wire) and the TPS (three wire, which DOES have the correct coloured green/yellow cable). It was only when I went and did a bit of searching on the Duke forum that I realised my mistake & corrected it (luckily before I powered anything up). So, trap for new players - the instructions aren't the clearest on this point, they look similar to the inexperienced eye and they are pretty close together.

Otherwise, fairly easy, and as reported by others, immediate gains in low RPM smoothness. So far, worth doing.