RC 390 Photos Aftermarket Parts / Mods

DCMoney

Country flag
Everyonethat's racing needs to pester the race body companies!!!! I asked back in December and they were all on the fence. Sharkskinz was the most receptive but they needed the bike. I'm in CO and they're in FL so that didn't work.

+1 I emailed hotbodies again last week and they said they were most likely not going to make race bodywork because of the lack of interest.

Flippn

Country flag
+1 I emailed hotbodies again last week and they said they were most likely not going to make race bodywork because of the lack of interest.

I just sent an email to Sharkskinz. Keeping my fingers crossed they make some soon.

DCMoney

Country flag
Emailed Race Tech yesterday about emulators and springs, they say once they get one in they will have both for it.

ryandalling

I talked to woodcraft and armour bodies... I am working on enticing them... they have sponsored me for years, and I am showing them interest. I gave my forks to KFG and they will be making cartridges kits off of them.

Treachery

Country flag
KFG?

Anybody seen a keyless replacement fuel cap? There's one in the back of the PowerParts catalog, but it's only listed for the RC8 and Super Duke. I couldn't cross-reference the OE ca[ from those bikes to the RC.

mr-fabricator

KFG?

Anybody seen a keyless replacement fuel cap? There's one in the back of the PowerParts catalog, but it's only listed for the RC8 and Super Duke. I couldn't cross-reference the OE ca[ from those bikes to the RC.

I got one off ebay from china , about 60 bucks AUD ,

thinknthey are specific to the duke /rc and are a 7 bolt design , i did try to measure up numerous other makes but to no avail .

regards lee

ASM

KFG?

We actually looked at the RC8 one but as Lee said, the ones on the Duke/RC use a 7-bolt design vs. the 6-bolt on the RC8 and there wasn't any easy way to get to use the RC8 one. Still looking for a different option as well to get rid of the key...

Treachery

Country flag
I saw that one last night... I know that often some of the screws at the top are "dummies." How many screws actually hold the OE cap in? Three doesn't sound like it would seal evenly.

fos373

Only 3 screws. Seals up well. THAT hasn't been an issue...... reminds me. need to cal the shop and see what's happening with the leakdown.

micah360

first mod... MNNTHBX fender eliminator installed.

I can feel the mod bugs calling now. I thought I could fend them off for longer than this... guess not. :)
[h=3][/h]
2a4wdpf.jpg

Treachery

Country flag
I have the R&G, purchased from Twisted Throttle. It arrived about the time that MNNTHBX announced theirs...which I would buy if I were doing it today.

Thought I would post some photos of my rear set mod here rather than under the Tyga posts as there was nothing wrong with the Tyga heel guards I just wanted to make my own to suit my riding.

I will make some fine adjustments to the cad file and then have them Laser cut these were just to make sure I was happy with the design. Heaps more feel from my boots now and just feel nice and strong.

I cut down the original carbon heel guard on the right hand side and used it as the spacer between the rear set and the brake mater so works a treat - mind the cap screws on the right hand side just temporary S/S button ones to be fitted . anyways just my little Mod.
DSC05409.JPGDSC05410.JPGDSC05411.JPGDSC05412.JPG

psych0hans

Country flag
RS250 front wheel successfully installed on my RC390, next step, dual discs.

Attachments

• IMG_5340.jpg
    IMG_5340.jpg
    647 KB · Views: 492