RC390 Front Disc possibilities

apriliaS2K

Country flag
Hi guys,

I am planning on upgrading the braking power on my 15' RC390 for the front. I saw that the most common modification is to buy the Powerparts (Galfer) 320mm disc but I was wondering if others 320mm disc from other bikes would fit? Thanks.

Falkon45

Country flag
You could always but the stock 320 rotor from the 2017. But, you'll need spacers for the caliper. It's a more "cost effective" route, but I'd go for the galfer kit instead.

reenmachine

Country flag
I know this is an ancient post, but I have the same question about my '15. I thought the rotor bolt pattern was different on the 2017+ 320mm rotor and it couldn't be swapped onto a 2015. Anyone know for sure?

airazen

Country flag
Hi
they are different i hav both

i agree, both have different pitch diameter.
but lucky for you, you can find a chinese 320 mm disc on aliexpress, half price from galfer.

i've used for a while, quite good quality, seapped to galfer for final setup because i don't like the shape.

13DhiLLoN

Country flag
Hi guys,

I am planning on upgrading the braking power on my 15' RC390 for the front. I saw that the most common modification is to buy the Powerparts (Galfer) 320mm disc but I was wondering if others 320mm disc from other bikes would fit? Thanks.

If u have 2015 model 390..thn you can go for aprilia rsv4 stock floating 320mm rotor... Dnt know exact model year but Str8 fit in 2013 to 2016 old gen duke/rc 390s

motoputz

Country flag
I have a Braketech Axis Iron rotor on my 2015 RC390. It is a 310mm rotor and significantly improved braking just by bolting it on. But I cannot find it on the braketech web site. It might have been discontinued do to lack of interest. I know mine was one of the first they made.

Toddy34

Country flag
After hours of research I think I have a solution that would open up quite a few possibilities from reasonably affordable to stupid expensive (i.e. Carbon Ceramic). Will report back soon...

Toddy34

Country flag
OK, After many hours of research I can report that some BMW discs are an (almost) straight bolt on for early model RC wheels. Specifically discs for an S1000RR HP4, or a later model standard S1000RR with forged wheels, some models of S1000R, and some models of S1000XR. If you're buying new make it easy and order a disc for an HP4.

I say that it's almost a straight bolt on because the holes on the rotors are designed for BMW rotor bolts which don't have the shoulder that the RC does. This means that you have to get new rotor bolts (standard M8 common on BMW's Ducatis etc) or machine the existing holes on the carrier to 10mm which is what I did (easy if you have the right gear). I believe the discs posted by 13 DhiLLon above are actually BMW discs. I couldn't find an APE disc that didn't have an offset.

Attachments

• RC_BMW Disc3.jpg
    RC_BMW Disc3.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 19