RC390 KTM powerparts alternative instrument cluster/ analog, mechanical tachometer

todayis1984

You can see this EXACT SAME fairing stay only with our stock gauge cluster inserted in it, in the SSP300 Powerparts kit from KTM, look closely in this picture

Attachments

• 4868b1fc-6e66-456b-be08-ca9cd650ebc6.jpg
    4868b1fc-6e66-456b-be08-ca9cd650ebc6.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 379

todayis1984

Also if anyone has a link to that one peice tail section/gas tank cover, I've never seen that part before anywhere.

todayis1984

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190208-062603_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190208-062603_Drive.jpg
    835.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20190208-062615_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190208-062615_Drive.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20190208-062626_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190208-062626_Drive.jpg
    590.3 KB · Views: 57

John390

subscribing! that would be awesome if it doesn't loose any functionality and the fit is first class.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
All koso gauges are universal so you can wire any Koso gauge to any bike. The fairing stay is unique to the RC390R WSS and has no availability along with everything else in that kit. All US spec bikes had the front stay to fit the stock gauge cluster.

Andy

Country flag
Is it plug and play or do you need to create a loom to fit?

My biggest bug is the OE display as I really can’t make out that rev bar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_bread

Country flag
All koso gauges are universal so you can wire any Koso gauge to any bike. The fairing stay is unique to the RC390R WSS and has no availability along with everything else in that kit. All US spec bikes had the front stay to fit the stock gauge cluster.

This is the correct info. You wont be able to get the fairing stay without getting the WSS300 kit. If you want to mount a custom gauge, youd be better off going with the Rottweiller that I posted about a while back.

RC 390 'MFS' (Modular Fairing System) - rottweilerperformance

Is it plug and play or do you need to create a loom to fit?

My biggest bug is the OE display as I really can’t make out that rev bar!

No, it is not plug and play. Maybe if you get the WSS300 kit it might come with adapters, but I doubt it. What worked best for me was to use the fairing stay I linked above, moved the stock gauge cluster down, and used the "extra" piece to mount my GPX lap timer up top. Its got a better display and bright LEDs that you can program for shift lights, etc.

hamsandwich

Country flag
I can confirm that the Rottweiler stay, stock dash in lower position and KOSO tach pictured above work just fine. Need to route clutch cable above other cables to prevent interference with stock dash.

Last edited:

DannoXYZ

Country flag
Not sure if Koso has any plug-n-play harnesses, it's typically installed by tapping into factory wires one at a time. Koso speedo and temp probably works like Trailtech gauges. You tap into VSS in transmission if your bike has one, or put spinning-magnet on front-wheel and attach speed-sensor. I find having speedo helps in races since I sometimes change gearing. Depending upon who else is in race that I may draft off on straight, I may go down one tooth in rear. Sometimes this saves an extra upshift for 1-2 seconds at ends of some short straights. Other times, I may add tooth in rear to get better drive out of certain corners if I know there's no one to draft off and I want to keep others away.

Temp-gauge connects to factory coolant temp-sensor. Or you get their sensor if factory-calibration doesn't match. Temp-sensor helped me many times after pulling off track and warning me about coolant temps >230F. On this particularly hot day, alarm-lights were going off for oil-pressure and coolant-temp on my bike, so I took couple extra loops through paddock to cool off (Trailtech also has ambient air-temp sensor as well).

uc

Last edited: