Relay voltage

Petorius

Country flag
Okay this might sound like a silly question but could someone please confirm the rated voltage of the relay coils, specifically K50 fan relay?

I am measuring 9.7V and either i have a voltage drop from the ECU being 12V or or the ECU signal is 9V and i have a faulty 9V relay.

The back story is i have just got the bike back together following engine rebuilt (bought the bike in bits), it has been sat around for a few weeks due to lockdown but i finally took it for its roadworthy test last week and it broke down on the way about a mile from home on high coolant temperature. Fortunately this was due to the temperature sensor cable touching a clamp bolt on the exhaust and melting through and shorting. This is now sorted but it highlighted another issue in that the fan did not come on. I have tested the fan which is fine, continuity tested all the wires, relay measures out okay, power supply (13.4V) to inlet relay contact but not getting a feed from the relay to the fan.

Just wanted to make sure the relay was not a 9V item before pulling the tank cover of to get to the ECU.

Petorius

Country flag
Okay managed to answer my own question, found the relay specification.

Specification here if anybody is interested or wants to find an alternative.

Looks like i have a bad connection somewhere.