Removing tank cover and tank?

Muckabucka

Country flag
Pretty simple
Remove the seat.
Remove the battery cover using the pull cable under the seat
Remove the fasteners under the battery cover that hold the front part of the cover in place.
Remove the gas cap.
Remove the rear bolts that hold the seat in place and also hold the rear of the cover in place
The cover should come off.

Remove the battery
Remove the two fasteners under the battery that hold down the battery tray and also hold down the front of the tank. Lift the battery tray up out of the way.
Remove the rear bolt that holds the rear tank bracket to the frame
You should now be able to reach underneath and disconnect the fuel lines and electrical connector.
I think that's it unless I missed something.
Mark

BrilliantB8

I've read through this thread in detail but for some reason I am still having a hard time getting my tank cover off of my RC390...

I removed the screws at the rear that the seat attaches too, the gas cap, the screws that attach the lower fairing to the gas tank cover, the battery cover, and the screws at the front of the tank cover. It feels like there is still something holding the tank on. Am I missing something here? Any help would be appreciated. Better yet, can someone who has successfully removed their tank cover take a pic of all the bolts that need to be undone? I have performed far more complex work on previous motorcycles and it's driving me crazy that I can get this cover off... Thanks in advance for all of the help

reenmachine

Country flag
The cover lifts out over the bolt spacers on the lower fairing attachments.

Yes, to clarify, you have to pull the sides of the tank cover outward -- each side has two rubber grommets that fit over the posts that the fairing fasteners go into. You'll have to remove these fairing fasterners of course (2x per side).

JKBC

Is the stock air filter paper?
...and therefore we all should put in a K&N or is it similar to a K&N?