SBK Project / KTM Chile

mmatusacebo

Hello to everyone,

My name is Matías and I work in Sales & Communications for Chile's national KTM Dealer (you can find it as Roland Sparwaater LTDA). I studied Sports Journalism and Sport Marketing in Argentina so I am trying to do some professional work with the company. My english is pretty good, but as my mother tonge is spanish and I am learning german, surely I'll miss some grammar.

Last year I started a Superbike project helping a local rider and his RC 200. After a lot of emails... the company approved special discounts for the rider and track support. That was a win, but the best was yet to come:

Link: Superbike Chile Sur: La RC triunfa en Temuco | KTM Chile - READY TO RACE (in spanish)

With a pretty much stock RC 200 2015 (plus some PowerParts) we won the last three local competitions (one and a half years of racing) and the company got really exited. Next month we will start the next step of the project: the SSP 400 category vs. an army of Kawasaki's Ninjas. This will get big for us, as we don't really have pro experience on track races.

I have been reading a googling a lot (that's how I ended up here). I realized that this is the right place to learn.

As I said before, next month our rider will start with the RC 390 2018 EU breaking-in and we will have to start investing in KTM Power Parts, some After Market parts and getting some sponsors on board. Mapping of the bike is a concern, even having full access to the official KTM XC2 Diagnostic Tool. We have 4 months to work in the bike until the start of December-March season (summer for us).

In this Thread I'll post news about the project so you can help along the way. I would appreciate any suggestions and information.

Looking forward for your help!

Campeonato Super Bike Chile Sur - Final Round -7.jpgCampeonato Super Bike Chile Sur - Final Round -1.jpgCampeonato Super Bike Chile Sur - Final Round -12.jpgCampeonato Super Bike Chile Sur - Final Round -9.jpgCampeonato Super Bike Chile Sur - Final Round -18.jpg

(Some photos from our last race. I am also a pro-sports-photographer.)

mmatusacebo

Woah thats all way too cool. Let me know how I can help!

Thank you dude! I've reading a lot of your posts.

Q for everyone:

- Is the new Slip On Akrapovic Cod. 93505999000 any good for racing? I think that the old FullLine Akra Cod. 90805979044 seems a lot better but I red that it is not compatible with the RC 390 2018 EU.

93505999000.jpg VS. 90805979044__14510.1495745860.1280.1280.jpg

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
No not really. It leaves the catalytic converter in the header and that is a big performance loss. The best system out right now is the Tyga WSS replica but in 2nd is the old Akrapovic "open" with a stock 2015 header or a tyga header.
Thank you dude! I've reading a lot of your posts.

Q for everyone:

- Is the new Slip On Akrapovic Cod. 93505999000 any good for racing? I think that the old FullLine Akra Cod. 90805979044 seems a lot better but I red that it is not compatible with the RC 390 2018 EU.

View attachment 5505 VS. View attachment 5506

mmatusacebo

No not really. It leaves the catalytic converter in the header and that is a big performance loss. The best system out right now is the Tyga WSS replica but in 2nd is the old Akrapovic "open" with a stock 2015 header or a tyga header.

I knew it! The 'new' Akrapovic is pretty much a lie. I should get the 'old' open version + the 2015 line or the Tyga line.

Section, Header,Stainless, KTM RC390 | TYGA-Performance

The Tyga line is this one, right?