Side stand removal-w/o ktm cup kit

simpletty

Country flag
Any fellow racers figure out another option to the side stand delete without the cup removal sensor. :In canada the part is not available and to get it shipped from commonwealth costs me 2x what the sensor is worth. I may just saftey wire the sensor in place in the side-stand up position for now....hope it stays put

simpletty

Country flag
sensor

I just took off the sensor, taped the magnet to it, and stuffed it up in the tail section somewhere.

ok ill have a look...the shoes are off it right now and geting some new flashy grippy rubber installed tommorow...one week away from the first track outing....ill post some pics of my motogpesque skills later on that weekend

naveed

Couldn't get it work with 3.9k or 3.3k resistor

I attached 3.9k and 3.3k resistors across the yellow and pink wires, but the bike still shows kick stand down. I have a 2017 RC390. I was wondering if anybody knew what the problem might be. I am going to track on Saturday; any help will be greatly appreciated.

chuckc317

Country flag
It didn't work for me either. I just attached a magnet to the sensor and wrapped it in heat shrink. put the kick stand sensor under the seat. I have a 2018
Thanks for the suggestion! Just tried 220 and still side stand down warning.

naveed

I see, could you please post picture of your setup and what magnet you used. I tried to use magnet and it wasn’t working.

John390

I just ran across this. I broke my little brass bolt with magnet in the head.

To get it fired up and be able to engage a gear, I tried a small magnet just sitting on the end of the switch. Works perfectly.

So, small light weight magnet attached to the end of the switch however you feel like attaching it will do the trick.

I want to replace the little bolt tho. I don't want my JB weld vibrating that thing off while I am down some back roads...

RC390-Pig

Country flag
I broke the brass magnet as well. The. I found it isn’t work anymore put the broken brass magnet to the end of sensor.
Did you have similar issue?