Soon to be RC 390 Cup owner

JB390Cup

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for checking out my introduction. I'm JB, and will soon be a proud new owner of 2016 RC 390 Cup bike. Although this will be my first KTM, I am not a stranger to the brand.

1) What can you share with me about the 390 Cup that I can't read about on the internet?
2) Anyone know how to remove the "restriction" that is holding the motor to 38hp?

Thank you again in advance for checking this out, and for any and all help you can provide. I'm eager to meet many of you, happy riding!

Cheers,
JB

JB390Cup

Here she is...finally arrived yesterday :eek:

attachment.php

JB390Cup

If possible based on this photo, can someone confirm if the restriction is in fact already removed or not?

Thank you in advance!

attachment.php

Last edited:
The Akra pipe should have a nice fat chamber in the middle there between the shock and motor. You can get a mid-pipe that eliminates that. Saves weight, better flow, etc.

JB390Cup

Thanks for the comment. Yes, in fact mine does have that fat chamber still. Where can I order the mid-pipe to eliminate it? Thank you in advance :)

The Akra pipe should have a nice fat chamber in the middle there between the shock and motor. You can get a mid-pipe that eliminates that. Saves weight, better flow, etc.

isaac_

Thanks for the comment. Yes, in fact mine does have that fat chamber still. Where can I order the mid-pipe to eliminate it? Thank you in advance :)

To my knowledge you can’t buy a standalone midpipe unit. KTM will sell you the midpipe and can together.

JB390Cup

Ready for her maiden voyage this weekend. This is my first time using the Pit Bull restraint system, and I have to tell you guys I love it!

attachment.php

avs

Country flag
You need KTM part number 90805908000 available at any friendly KTM dealer.

Can you confirm how this will fit on a 15' cup bike? Is there a header change needed?
If I put on the rear/outside of the mount tab (like akra's install instructions) there is pipe/swingarm interference. if I put it on the forward/inside of the mount tab(how the original cat link was installed) the silencer/swingarm has clearance problems.
also the spring perches are in different positions, but just stretch the springs a little more.