SpeedBleeders

Treachery

Country flag
These seem to be unobtainium for the KTM. If you're not familiar, they're check valve replacements for the OE brake bleeder screw. Makes bleeding the brakes a one-person, clean job. I've installed them in every bike I've had (never mind what a pain it was doing lines and these at the same time on a CBR929...). But, as I say, there aren't any listings for the 390 (yet). KTM has their version, but they appear to be about $45/each, as opposed to <$10.

So...if anyone finds a cross-reference, or removes theirs to identify the size, post up here and share the knowledge!

Treachery

Country flag
Okay, just to keep this thread alive, I think I have the right sizes on the way. Will post up those sizes and a source when I confirm proper fit.

Treachery

Country flag
News!

Okay! I have the fitment information.

Short version: FRONT: SB8125L, REAR: SB1010S

Further explanation:

I got the 8125L for the front, and it is a perfect fit. It's in a hateful place; you pretty much have to remove the front fender to get to it. Also, there's enough force of gravity to have a solid tendency for fluid to leak while swapping the fittings. Have paper towels ready. And brake cleaner if you get any on the pads or disc. Removal and installation requires an 8mm wrench. An 8mm deep socket would be ideal, because you could tighten it up faster, but you might want to use the box-end so you can have a finger on top of the fitting. You're also less likely to over-tighten them with a small wrench than a socket.

I got the SB1010 for the rear. It fits fine. The difference is that the 1010S is shorter on the threaded section by 2-3 threads, so it sits lower. That length doesn't appear to affect how it seats into the caliper body, as there should still be a thread or two between the caliper and the hex on the fitting. YMMV, so if you beta test the 1010S and it works, let us know, but I can testify that the SB1010 does fit. I was all set for leakage when I did the rear; I guess since the reservoir is almost level with the caliper, there's not much gravity at work, but I got no drippage at all. Access should be dead easy on an RC with the stock exhaust...it's a little tougher with something like the Akra, but it isn't torture. The installation requires an 11mm wrench.

These come with a small, non-tethered dust cap. I have a pile of 'em in my parts can, as I always use the OE, tethered cap. On the rear, that tether sort of acts as a retainer for the ABS sensor wire.

I got these from Kirby's Brake Bleeders on eBay. His seller name is kz10cubed, but if you search on eBay for SpeedBleeders, he's likely to be the first name you find. I'll be sending him a message tonight to let him know my experience.

HTH!

Ash797

I can confirm that the 1010S fits the rear with no issues. I installed and bled my front and rear with the suggested speedbleeder sizes last wknd.

Mr.walczak

Country flag
Hey guys! Are these the same for the 2017 RC? Having issues finding a definitive answer/part number for my 17'.

Thanks!

Treachery

Country flag
The way you can find out is see if the calipers are the same across the years. If you have the parts CD you can tell, or you can probably find the PNs online. I suspect that they are the same, as I don't remember reading about a brake change from 15-17. Post up when you find out.

Mr.walczak

Country flag
Straight from the horses mouth

For a 2017 KTM RC390
The way you can find out is see if the calipers are the same across the years. If you have the parts CD you can tell, or you can probably find the PNs online. I suspect that they are the same, as I don't remember reading about a brake change from 15-17. Post up when you find out.

"The size(s) for your application is as follows:

Front……SB1010S, M10 x 1.0

Rear…….SB8125L, M8 x 1.25

When ordering Speed Bleeder, consider also ordering the Bag and Hose Combo. The bag is like an IV bag. It comes with 30 inches of silicone hose. When one end of the hose is attached to the bag and the other end is attached to the Speed Bleeder, it makes the messy job of bleeding brakes neat and clean. The hose and bag are reusable.

Speed Bleeder is also available in 303 Stainless Steel. The stainless steel bleeder will never rust or corrode."