stands?

bkruk

What are you guys using?
I want to jack my bike up for the winter and need some advice.

Treachery

Country flag
Pit Bull is kind of the standard for quality, IMO. Having said that, I also have a T-Rex Racing rear stand that's very nice as well. Both are good companies to deal with.

Ryanthegreat1

I would probably say away from painted stands if you wash your bike on them. I just pulled apart some older painted stands that are well used and they were full of rust where the insides did not get paint. May or may not lead to failure at some point.

Makes me wonder if the Pit Bull stand electroplating also makes its way to the inside.

stevieboy

Country flag
I would look at Pitbull. They couldn't help me as they said they didn't have a front for the RC390 so I got the KTM version. You have to remove the front fender to keep from scratching it with the dedicated KTM piece? Dumb.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

We use VORTEX Stands on most of our bike.

Super Solid, and very compact design that you can fold down for storage. And best of all, very nicely priced.

ASM

No stand really beats Pitbull. Might be a bit pricier but they are more than worth it. And yes, that's what I use for the RC 390 front and rear (and on all my other bikes as well)...

CDN Duke

Country flag

Attachments

• IMG_20161006_215538.jpg
    IMG_20161006_215538.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

psych0hans

Country flag
These stands are manufactured by my company and sold under the Moto Trailers brand.

Attachments

• 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 81

74d34h

I would look at Pitbull. They couldn't help me as they said they didn't have a front for the RC390 so I got the KTM version. You have to remove the front fender to keep from scratching it with the dedicated KTM piece? Dumb.

I have the Pitbull removable handle ones and have fitted the head lift stand also using the pin from pit bulls website. No issues with either fit. The cheap stands are good until they are not good... I had my track bike (ZX6R) fall off cycle gear brand stands at NYST. The pit area there is on a slant. Now every bike has Pitbull stands.

simpletty

Country flag
I have the Pitbull removable handle ones and have fitted the head lift stand also using the pin from pit bulls website. No issues with either fit. The cheap stands are good until they are not good... I had my track bike (ZX6R) fall off cycle gear brand stands at NYST. The pit area there is on a slant. Now every bike has Pitbull stands.

Doubt the stand was at fault, sounds more like the pit area. I dont have pitbull stands, they are from parts canada/parts unlimted stands and they have served me well for several years.

74d34h

Doubt the stand was at fault, sounds more like the pit area. I dont have pitbull stands, they are from parts canada/parts unlimted stands and they have served me well for several years.

The front stands from cycle gear use flat pads to push up the forks. Pitbull stands have 2 padded pins that hold the forks pretty snug. Never had a problem again with that pit area.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

All things being equal, it's always better to use a SPOOLED Stand version with spools. Much more secure, and zero change of them stand creeping up the swing arm and the bike falling off.
PLUS, you can easily lift the hand up a little and move the bike around with confidence it won't slide off the stand.