stands?

stevieboy

Country flag
The front stands from cycle gear use flat pads to push up the forks. Pitbull stands have 2 padded pins that hold the forks pretty snug. Never had a problem again with that pit area.

The stands that lift by the ends of the fork tubes will work for lifting but put uneven pressure on the tubes due to the radial caliper mount. This makes it extremely difficult to remove the axle and therefore the front wheel. Plus you cannot work on the fork tubes either. Headlift stand is a better overall pick IMO.

CDN Duke

Country flag
Very happy with these...

I sold the front fork stand I had and got a headlift stand as well. I wasn't happy with how it held the fork and wanted the ability to drop the forks should I need to. I was able to my fork spring swap recently with the new stand.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
I really like central lift stands, in particular Bursig, because the entire bike is lifted and the front and rear wheels are completely clear of any lifting apparatus, and the bike can be wheeled around the garage. I have Bursig stands for my Super Duke 1290R and my Ducati Diavel.

Another lift that accomplishes the same thing with a different (more involved/fiddly) method is the Abba Skylift. Bursig does not make a lift for the 390, but Abba does: https://abbastandsusa.com/product-detail.asp?item=sky-lift&pid=44

Another central lift manufacturer is Constands, a German company, which basically is a somewhat lower quality copycat of the Bursig. They offer a kit for the RC390/Duke390. I bought one of these and just received it a couple days ago. I cannot recommend it - at least not yet. Presently, I am waiting to hear back from their technical support people to hopefully find a way to actually use the stand with my RC390. At present, the stand is useless, and I regret buying it as I anticipate the hassle of return shipping to Germany. I am thinking that the problems I'm having are the reason why Bursig does not offer a stand for the 390.

If something wonderful and unexpected happens that somehow makes the Constands unit work right, I will be sure to post an update. For now, I will call it Not Recommended.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
I really like central lift stands, in particular Bursig, because the entire bike is lifted and the front and rear wheels are completely clear of any lifting apparatus, and the bike can be wheeled around the garage. I have Bursig stands for my Super Duke 1290R and my Ducati Diavel.

Another lift that accomplishes the same thing with a different (more involved/fiddly) method is the Abba Skylift. Bursig does not make a lift for the 390, but Abba does: https://abbastandsusa.com/product-detail.asp?item=sky-lift&pid=44

Another central lift manufacturer is Constands, a German company, which basically is a somewhat lower quality copycat of the Bursig. They offer a kit for the RC390/Duke390. I bought one of these and just received it a couple days ago. I cannot recommend it - at least not yet. Presently, I am waiting to hear back from their technical support people to hopefully find a way to actually use the stand with my RC390. At present, the stand is useless, and I regret buying it as I anticipate the hassle of return shipping to Germany. I am thinking that the problems I'm having are the reason why Bursig does not offer a stand for the 390.

If something wonderful and unexpected happens that somehow makes the Constands unit work right, I will be sure to post an update. For now, I will call it Not Recommended.

Well, it didn't end well, though it could have been much worse. I might have had to contact the German police or prosecutors. Thankfully it did not go that far. Here is my very short update:

I have just concluded a most unsatisfactory business interaction with Motea Gmbh, the maker/seller of Constands. In summary: They sold me a stand for my RC390. It would not fit unless I removed and reinstalled the (high-torque) axle nut EVERY time I wanted to use the stand. That was completely unreasonable. Availing myself of their '100% money back guarantee' it took me 6 weeks of aggravating back-and-forth with them to get *most* of my money back. I'm still about $8 short of whole (not counting all the time I've spent responding to the same questions multiple times, taking photographs, visiting the post office, re-packing the stand for shipping, etc.)

I think they are probably pretty well set up to do business in Europe, but their reach to the USA (and other non-Euro countries) has not yet been smoothed out.

In addition to the business troubles, their product itself, and their instructions, are sometimes lacking. For me, both the Motea Constands product and their customer relations have fallen very far short of my several strongly positive experiences with Bursig. Oh, how I wish Bursig made a stand for the RC390.

I am sorry to be relating my Motea experience publicly. I tried for weeks to work with them privately; it just didn't work out. Their final note to me was that they would not be refunding me any more money, period. So I am done working with them.

Skeems

Country flag
Hey guys.. new owner of a RC 390 and I need to lift the front to put a new tire on but the Oxford paddock stand I bought doesn’t seem to work because the brake is bracket seems to be in the way. Is there a work around or do I need to get a new stand?

What fork-under rear stand works with the 390?

I have the Pit-Bull and the non-brake side just falls off. I have a triple-tree stand, but I want something smaller and lighter and easier to transport than that massive pig. I just want a simple/light fork-under front stand - surely someone knows which one will work.

Thanks