Stator Problems?

ToraTora

Country flag
Have you cats encountered a stator issue with the 390? One of my friends picked up a Duke 390 a couple of weeks ago. He's had a couple of issues. First the radiator fan came apart, and most recently (today) the stator failed. The shop is going to order a replacement--so for now he rides with a constant loss system. :p

I've seen this thread on another forum where one of the cats remarks on a burnt up stator.

Are you happy with your ktm390 - KTM Duke 390 Forum

And a little bit of chatter on the 125/200 Dukes. Anyone else?

mr-fabricator

I have an ignition problem At the moment , possibly coil and hopefully not stator ( unlikley as it does charge ) other than that the bikes had no problems in 4000k track use

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
What's the part number for theOIL filter from k&n fits the RC390?

It looks like part number KT-1211 is the air filter.

What are the general thoughts on something like the stainless steel reusable oil filter like this?
Amazon.com: PC Racing PC155 Flo Stainless Steel Reusable Oil Filter: Automotive

I've never used a filter like that on any of my bikes. Considering there are already two metal mesh screens in there for filtering tho who knows, maybe it wouldn't be a terrible idea. I'm curious what the hive mind has to say about it tho.

DCMoney

Country flag
What's the part number for theOIL filter from k&n fits the RC390?

It looks like part number KT-1211 is the air filter.

What are the general thoughts on something like the stainless steel reusable oil filter like this?
Amazon.com: PC Racing PC155 Flo Stainless Steel Reusable Oil Filter: Automotive

I've never used a filter like that on any of my bikes. Considering there are already two metal mesh screens in there for filtering tho who knows, maybe it wouldn't be a terrible idea. I'm curious what the hive mind has to say about it tho.

Ive always wanted to test one but usually they were more expensive, will probably buy that one.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Ive always wanted to test one but usually they were more expensive, will probably buy that one.
I don't know if that one will fit. I LOOKS like it would, but Amazon doesn't have the RC390 in it's vehicle compatibility listings yet...

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
If you folks get info on the filter, how's 'bout starting a thread? Might be easier to keep up.

Argh. Sorry! I thought when I asked the initial question I had started a new thread. This damned Tap-A-Talk app on my android phone is totally screwing me up! It's also eating my phones battery like fscking crazy! Gonna nuke the app and go back to using the website so this hopefully doesn't happen again.