Thoughts on a cone filter?

Icehax

Country flag
Hi everybody. I'm currently making a few mods to my rc including bigger injector from gray area. I don't have the budget right now to get the modified intake runner as well so I was thinking I might be able to just attach a cone filter and remove the airbox entirely... what are your thoughts? Has anybody else tried this?

KTMasean

Country flag
Have a look at the Chimera intake mod, available at 1fngr.
They offer a K&N cone filter as optional the only thing you need to take care of with these filters is riding in the rain.
I have ordered a pipe off them but will source a BMC or DNA cone filter as I am not a big fan of the build quality of K&N.

Icehax

Country flag
Have a look at the Chimera intake mod, available at 1fngr.
They offer a K&N cone filter as optional the only thing you need to take care of with these filters is riding in the rain.
I have ordered a pipe off them but will source a BMC or DNA cone filter as I am not a big fan of the build quality of K&N.
Oh that's exactly what I was looking for. Tho after further consideration i think I'm just gonna try with just a open airbox lid first since I already have a "race" BMC air filter and I wouldnt want to throw that away just yet lol

KTMLaos

Country flag
A bit of a long shot here but planning to install the Chimera Ram-Pipe on my 200.
Does anyone know (before I go through the hassle of taking off the OE airbox) if the inlet of the 390 and 200 on the throttle body are the same diameter?
I'll most likely order a DNA filter to fit the Chimera pipe after cleaning up the crankcase welds inside the Chimera pipe.
TIA