Top Gear BBC Resurrected? & w/ Matt LeBlanc from "Friends"?

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Just saw that Top Gear BBK was back on ?

Had no idea Top Gear BBK it had been resurrected ?!

And with Matt LeBlanc as cohost .... so, going to check it out & see if it
can even compare to the trio of Jeremy, Richard & James.

Did anyone else catch Top Gear Season 23 ? Thoughts ?

Matt LeBlanc Set to Host ?Top Gear? Solo After Chris Evans? Exit | Variety

matt-leblanc-top-gear.jpg

unicorn_violence

i'm a massive fan of the uk trio and was blown away when Clarkson was fired, and May and Hammond left shortly after. i've had a chance to watch a few episodes from the new season, and im not impressed. surprisingly, Leblanc was the best one out of the new hosts. Chris Evans was horrible and annoying (he already resigned after the first new season). they seem to rotate guest hosts which is alright. the star in a reasonably priced car is now a star in a rally car.
a huge part that made top gear what it was though was the trio. without them, top gear is never gonna be the same for me, which is why i don't really watch it anymore (this is after watching ALL previous seasons religiously).

simpletty

Country flag
Chris Evans was a a tool, Matt Leblanc will always be "Joey" in my mind. The old top gear shows will always surpass anything they can put together now the three originals had a real chemistry that made the show fun to watch. I can barely stomach 5 minutes of it now. The only thing that saves it is obviously the kick ass cars they have on the show. Its almost tolerable but I still end up switching it off

Dygear

Anybody remember the first season of Top Gear after Jezzer took over? It was Jezzer, Hamster and some other guy who they took out back on shot after the first season, they replace him with James May. Season 23 was Season 1 of New, New Top Gear. They fired the Radio Host who was trying to hard and kept what was working, Matt. Hopefully Season 2, Erm - I mean, 24 will be better.

Matt LeBlanc is clearly the lead host.
I've always hated Eddy Jordan, even during the BBC F1 coverage with Martin Brundle, I found Jordan to be a tool. He did own his own F1 team tho, so that's kinda cool, but clearly shouldn't be in a car any more.
Sabine Schmitz - Is Eh ... The queen of the nurburgring doesn't really have a personally that I can speak about ... might be because she's German tho.
Chris Harris - This guy is genuinely excited about cars and his segments show that. He needs to be on the show as a main presenter along side Matt.
Rory Reid - This man also punched above his weight class when he was on the show. Clearly should be on the show as a main presenter as well along side Matt and Chris.

[Edit]
There is a rumor that Jenson Button will retire from F1 this season and go and host Top Gear. But considering the rule change in F1 for 2017, I think he will stay and I think McLaren will retain him.

unicorn_violence

Anybody remember the first season of Top Gear after Jezzer took over? It was Jezzer, Hamster and some other guy who they took out back on shot after the first season, they replace him with James May. Season 23 was Season 1 of New, New Top Gear. They fired the Radio Host who was trying to hard and kept what was working, Matt. Hopefully Season 2, Erm - I mean, 24 will be better.

idk its tough to say. i feel like top gear is trying to hard to re-invent itself, and somehow retain all of the loyal top gear fans. if i remember, i think they have lost 1 3rd of their viewing base of 250 million viewers. now if they got the remaining members of monty python to do the show, i would totally watch it.

Andy

Country flag
Top Gear (latest) was crap, watched 5 minutes of it and turned it off.

With that Sunday evenings were ruined, all you need is to wind down after a weekend, have a laugh before your week starts and that's what Top Gear used to provide.

Waiting to see what the Grand Tour brings on Amazon Prime!

ray

I watched the first episode and it was just OK as expected. Evans was boring, Matt could get better with time but the fans really need to get it a chance..Just like how original TG crew wasn't all that great and needed to go through a few guys before they settled on the trio..that needs to happen here too.

Also, do you guys think it was right for BBC to fire Jermey? If a co-worker slapped or physically abused me or someone else I would want to see him punished.