torsion spring upgrade. better shift feel at the pedal

was the information easy to understand ?

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rideontt

Country flag
when the spring wears out (and it will soften) the shift pedal has/gets more travel or sag/slop nearly double from new, when that happens I get dead gear or false neutral, that is I have shifted the gear from 3rd to 4th but gear has not engaged (happens to 2014-2017 production models (ones I have riden(fellow riders) that had clocked over 6k miles or 10K kms)

OEM ones are too soft and wear out in 1yrs time with 6k miles (10,000 km) in my usage... I had previously changed it (torsion spring and drum stopper) which made the feedback to normal but later went back to becoming clunky and that has no feel o_O....

well, one of the faults is the torsion spring, you can see the image tosion drum stoper in motorcycle.jpeg how it holds drum stopper arm pointed in blue and below it the torsion spring seats.

rideontt

Country flag
I decided to source it from my friend (cool guy) who had contacts with spring manufacturer, since I had an old spare one in hand I was able to provide that as a sample to test.. and a reference to make a new one..

well, it was tested and found that the said spring (OEM one) was between 5lbs/inch to 6lbs/inch;
> which is considered overly too soft and
>the material used to produce didn't have the retention capacity {this is me phrasing it short what took 3 mins of explanation }

*spring manufacturer hereafter called as Mr.spring ;)

Last edited:

rideontt

Country flag
since then there were multiple calls and then decided to make few samples of new springs

9lbs/inch
&
10lbs/inch

torsion spring.jpeg

Last edited:

rideontt

Country flag
so here is a post-install view./ ;

the pedal position and feedback changed... (had to lower the pedal further down :) )
>there is a distinct click/tap for every shift I am getting through the foot (using riding boot of course)
>previously the pedal return feel was not present as much as the new ./ torsion does and I like this :cool: feel
>engaging first gear there is definite (more than OEM torsion spring) kick on from seat.
>> the best part is foot movement has reduced so much that each shift is smoother = faster from one to another ...

now:p motorcycle is more Fun to ride ;)

Last edited: