Triple Tree Front Stand

EnergyHOU

I just wanted to confirm that the black "plug" I see where my front pin clearly goes for a triple tree front stand is in fact just a plug that will pop when I push the pin in. Anyone here have experience with this? I don't want to lift front until I know for sure what this black cover is/how it works. All I know for sure is that we use a 17 pin.

motoputz

Country flag
What type of stand are you using? My old Pit Bull front stand would not work until I pulled the head light assembly off of the bike. There was not enough room between the fender and the bottom of the headlight assembly to get the stand's horizontal tube in and loaded with the weight of the bike. My stand is 20 years old. I do not think they make it any more because it is kind of a pain to use.

EnergyHOU

What type of stand are you using? My old Pit Bull front stand would not work until I pulled the head light assembly off of the bike. There was not enough room between the fender and the bottom of the headlight assembly to get the stand's horizontal tube in and loaded with the weight of the bike. My stand is 20 years old. I do not think they make it any more because it is kind of a pain to use.

Using a Venom stand, bit of a no name honestly. Will update thread with results. +1 for their rear spooled stand, works great.

reenmachine

Country flag
I just received the T-Rex Racing front convertible fork/triple tree stand but haven't tried it out yet. I'll report back.

EnergyHOU

Reporting back, my Venom front triple tree does NOT work, similar problem to a previous post above, if I attempt to lift the front end I'm just pressing up against the bottom part of the front/headlight assembly. Cannot lift front without removing this component.

Not too bothered by this, not a big deal, but just an FYI for all of you guys thinking about this.

OldVet

Try putting a few washers/spacer on the pin and see if that will work without removing head light assembly, it should give you a little more clearance.

reenmachine

Country flag
What pin size did you use? I spoke to the T-Rex folks and they had no stand recommendation for the RC390.

Huh. I didn't specify anything when I ordered other than saying that it was for an RC390. I can check the paperwork when I get home.

EDIT: Here's part of my email order confirmation. Maybe they can look up my order from the number and just send you whatever they sent me.

Date : 11 Mar 2016 - 00:22
Order ID : 4736157

Payment by Paypal

Product : Quantity : Price
Black T-Rex Front Triple Tree Motorcycle Stand V : 1 : 111.45

Subtotal : 111.45
Shipping : 35.54
TOTAL : 146.99

Last edited:

EnergyHOU

What pin size did you use? I spoke to the T-Rex folks and they had no stand recommendation for the RC390.

If his product came in like mine, multiple pins will be included and you can test each one. 17 was my number though, granted others worked as well.

stevieboy

Country flag
Huh. I didn't specify anything when I ordered other than saying that it was for an RC390. I can check the paperwork when I get home.

EDIT: Here's part of my email order confirmation. Maybe they can look up my order from the number and just send you whatever they sent me.

Date : 11 Mar 2016 - 00:22
Order ID : 4736157

Payment by Paypal

Product : Quantity : Price
Black T-Rex Front Triple Tree Motorcycle Stand V : 1 : 111.45

Subtotal : 111.45
Shipping : 35.54
TOTAL : 146.99

They told me yesterday that they did not have a stand for the RC390.

reenmachine

Country flag
They told me yesterday that they did not have a stand for the RC390.

Not sure what to tell ya then.

jepQ7y0h.jpg

stevieboy

Country flag
Bought the KTM stand. How do you like the double bubble shield? Mine works great and I expect even better when I get the lower clip-ons mounted.

reenmachine

Country flag
Bought the KTM stand. How do you like the double bubble shield? Mine works great and I expect even better when I get the lower clip-ons mounted.
It's not a huge difference, but it helps! It's just tall enough to get down behind it in a tuck on the track.