Tyga steering stopper

stevieboy

Country flag
Has anyone installed/used one of these? I just installed some Driven clip ons under a stock top triple that I had modified to eliminate the bar bosses. Everything clears fine except at full lock and I was wondering if one of these is worth putting on or do I lose too much steering.

Ryanthegreat1

I have clipons and installed the Tyga steering stop to keep the controls off the body work.

Works perfectly.

However parking lots are now a challenge. Amazing how much steering lock is used at low speeds. Hitting the steering lock will make you poop yourself and then really scare you when you can't countersteer off the stop. Had a few moments but I think I have relearned how much steering angle I have now.

stevieboy

Country flag
Losing lock to lock room is what I am worried about but I suppose I have done some of that just by changing the bars. I will see today how much I have opened up the turnig radius by changing tha bars and see how bad the contact will be without the stopper.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
It restricts a lot of movement especially for a street bike. But it does work for clip ons quite well if you are willing to comprimise. It is kinda difficult to install, but thats just due to the location. Tyga did a stellar job on the part, very thought out.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
It restricts a lot of movement especially for a street bike. But it does work for clip ons quite well if you are willing to comprimise. It is kinda difficult to install, but thats just due to the location. Tyga did a stellar job on the part, very thought out.

+1 on the restriction, but it's not TOO bad. Anyone who's ridden a Ducati 900 SS knows the limited turn radius parking lot 14 point turn routine. The prototype Tyga Upper Triple clipons setup makes clearing the bodywork much easier, but it took a lot of trial to get them setup correctly. They still aren't in production yet tho... Matt @ Tyga has been playing with their tube bender for almost two months now with the exhaust development work, so that's delayed the CNC Parts development, like for the Triple and Clipons. Of course that doesn't much help anyone who's running the Driven clipons now. The Steering Stop is a good compromise in the interim, which will keep the controls off the bodywork, and hands from being thwacked at full lock as well. It's certainly something that's aimed towards racebikes, and more specifically Tech Inspection, but if you want to run clipons on your streetbike, and they don't clear the bodywork now, it's really about your only solution to fixing the problem (until the new parts are finally released from Tyga). {shrug}

stevieboy

Country flag
Rode the bike with the new clip ons today. The position is almost perfect for me now. A little more sweep to the rear and a lot lower, especially at the bar ends with the downward angle. Makes it easier to ride fast through curves. Feels closer to my Aprilia RS125 than before. Much lighter than stock and not buzzy without the heavy bar ends. I have everything adjusted so I can almost make the original lock to lock so I think I am okay. Probably hit the tank cover in a crash but once you've crashed a little more isn't the end of the world.