Unbelievable

rompus

Okay I am really starting to ride the RC hard on the hilly backroads in my area of Pennsylvania.Just a background I have a Ducati 748, a 900ss and a SV650 that I ride regularly I had an FZR600 and a CBR900RR. I have to say this bike is as fun and probably more fun than any of them, I find myself going to it all the time now. Even though I am doing the rear shock and front forks soon, for my weight and size (155 lbs) I find it to be very stable and we have some very bumpy roads around here. What amazes me is the corner speeds and how fast it turns in. These really are fantastic bikes. I am not one to hard brake I typically get my corner speed by engine braking and some light hand brake so I am not really testing the brakes but when I come in too hot they are not bad, unlike others I think I will keep the ABS even though I am old school and prefer no rider aids. I have not even broken in the engine but can easily maintain 70 to 75 without going to the breaking in RPM. Hopefully she won't break! Just wanted to rave a little.

Rcdan

I know exactly what you mean. I have done most of the popular mods to mine. And they are worth doing, especially the shock and pcv. But for a forum dedicated to this bike and populated mostly by owners of it we sure do a lot of bitching about it. Not that some is not justified but some times I wonder were the love is.
I find the transmission to be sweet on mine as well. Never misses a gear and is super smooth shifting. Give me this bike with 60-70hp and I would never need any other.

rompus

I know exactly what you mean. I have done most of the popular mods to mine. And they are worth doing, especially the shock and pcv. But for a forum dedicated to this bike and populated mostly by owners of it we sure do a lot of bitching about it. Not that some is not justified but some times I wonder were the love is.
I find the transmission to be sweet on mine as well. Never misses a gear and is super smooth shifting. Give me this bike with 60-70hp and I would never need any other.

My sentiments exactly. Riding a super bike and never getting out of 3rd gear is boring. My SV is actually the perfect backroads bike 70 hp and plenty of torque, relatively light weight, which to me is the perfect combination,as you can see by my ducati choices. I have seen guys getting 50 hp out of the RC however. I am just trying to make it lighter at this point.

Kuroneko3

I am very impressed with the stock capabilities on the suspension. I raced my RC390 this past weekend on FULLY STOCK suspension on a VERY bumpy racetrack (NHMS), and while it did lead to me bottoming out the forks and crashing in one race, it held up MUCH better than I anticipated. With suspension I will feel as confident in this bike as I did my R6 last year.

I still wish they would just give us cup suspension out of the gate. On the other hand it cuts down initial cost so that you can upgrade and modify the suspension to fit the rider, which you would still need to do with the cup suspension depending on weight and riding style.

FYI My weight is about 165 lbs with gear

Rcdan

I am maybe 180 with gear and the r6 Shock mod was night and day improvement. And I left the stock spring on it. I have done a track day at NHMS on my cbr1000rr and I can imagine the rc would be a blast there. I think an R model or something would be great. Stick a nice radial master cylinder and upgraded forks and shock on it and I would have bought it.