Which decat pipe

Nightlite

Country flag
Hi all, I see many no cat pipes for sale that fit the brand the pipe is from + the original muffler. Does this mean that it does not really matter which brand no cat pipe you get (I can't find a no cat pipe for the akrapovic specifically for instance).

Karfanatik

Country flag
Hi all, I see many no cat pipes for sale that fit the brand the pipe is from + the original muffler. Does this mean that it does not really matter which brand no cat pipe you get (I can't find a no cat pipe for the akrapovic specifically for instance).
Leovince decat with akra exhaust over here. Easy peasy

Karfanatik

Country flag
Very good idea considering I have that combo installed. I have the DB killer in my exhaust still and its honestly fine. The stock setup sucked because after a certain speed, all you hear is wind. Now theres some engine noise at least and its much more fun to ride. I'd bet that it'd be annoying with the DB killer out.

radwan

Country flag
Very good idea considering I have that combo installed. I have the DB killer in my exhaust still and its honestly fine. The stock setup sucked because after a certain speed, all you hear is wind. Now theres some engine noise at least and its much more fun to ride. I'd bet that it'd be annoying with the DB killer out.
Question for you. What does the decat pipe actually do to the performance? I bought my RC390 with the Akra slip on installed but the cat is still in the bike. Worth buying a decat pipe? Any negatives? Thanks.

Karfanatik

Country flag
Question for you. What does the decat pipe actually do to the performance? I bought my RC390 with the Akra slip on installed but the cat is still in the bike. Worth buying a decat pipe? Any negatives? Thanks.
Well it gets rid of the catalytic converter as well as the fat drum that's connected to the slipon pipe. Should allow more airflow and definitely adds more volume. To be honest, I don't have a direct before and after comparison in terms of how it feels because I did all my mods all at once so alot was different compared to the stock bike