Wiring harness pictures if someone doesn't mind?

I'm hoping someone out there has their fairings off or even better the engine out of the frame and would be willing to take a bunch of pictures of the wiring harness routing and connections, and either post or send them to me?
I had to replace mine and I'm having some issues.
I took photos, but did kind of a crappy job.
I don't want anyone to go to too much trouble, but since it's off race season in a lot of places I'm hoping someone is in a position to take pictures without going to too much trouble.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Any areas or angles in particular? I have the fairings off, but the fuel tank and engine are installed. I have only one photo withe the engine out, and it is not very good. It's included in the album linked below, which includes several photos showing wiring detail.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qFPozNxhyi2kWBvz8

One good thing is that KTM uses unique connectors for almost every item, so it is virtually impossible to mis-connect something.

Any areas or angles in particular? I have the fairings off, but the fuel tank and engine are installed. I have only one photo withe the engine out, and it is not very good. It's included in the album linked below, which includes several photos showing wiring detail.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qFPozNxhyi2kWBvz8

One good thing is that KTM uses unique connectors for almost every item, so it is virtually impossible to mis-connect something.

Thanks Reid, that should be helpful.
It looks like you are running an ignition delete?
If so would you take a pic of that bundle hooking up?
If not would you mind taking a photo of where the ignition wires and the wires coming from the starter and kill switches hook up?
I appreciate it, and like I said, please don't go to too much trouble, and there is no rush.

Thanks,
Mike

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Yes, I have the ignition switch delete from Woodcraft. All the connections are under the fuel tank. If only I'd known a couple days ago when I had the tank off to replace my spark plug boot.

But why are you wanting to know about the Woodcraft install, since you now know it is incompatible with your '17 model?

In any case, the wires for both ignition and kill switch run past the right side of the steering head and then through the large gap in the frame beneath the battery box, to their connections under the front of the fuel tank.