emiller

Country flag
I used to have a yzf600r yamaha, (the bike that was the hot shit before the r6), also known as the "thundercat", and I traded a stock pipe to a member of another forum for a d&d because I wanted a loud one, thinking of the idea that "loud pipes save lives" and all that. Then when I put that d&d on it was pure madness. I had to wear earplugs when I rode and my friends made me stay in the back of the pack because I was damaging everyone's hearing. The yosh isn't quite that loud, but it definitely catches people's attention if you rev it hard, and driving through a tunnel it causes some resonance that can be both pleasant to the ear and a bit frightening to people in cars nearby.

That's what I was looking for, if you can upload some pics of your bike that will be great, I recently uploaded a small vid on YouTube so people can get an idea of how my exhaust sounds, I'm planing to make another one to capture the sound while riding and a couple of fly by.

Most of the videos for our bikes on you tube "performance related" are from bloggers in India so I'm trying to share some local stuff.

regular_guy

I'll see if I can't get a vid up in the near future. It's hard to tell what it sounds like exactly based on a cell phone video, but the loudness is something that should be easily conveyed. The sound overall is really good though...aggressive even. Like when you roll off the gas and engine brake it's kinda got a little pop pop to it and rumbles pretty loud.

regular_guy

No videos yet, but here's a few pics of what I"m talking about with the rear pegs. The right one would be touching the spring and the loop the spring attaches to on the exhaust. I think with a little dremel work you could get it back on there, but I'd have to go ahead and make the disclaimer that I'm can't take responsibility if your passenger falls off or anything due to a dremeled peg, but I'll probably do it eventually and see how it goes.
0108161211.jpg0108161212.jpg0108161212a.jpg

A1VW2NV

Country flag
It looks to me like a bigger concern is the passengers legs/inner thighs. Will they clear? Will they get burned?
I had a Honda rebel when I was a kid and every single passenger burned their leg on it.

regular_guy

That's a good point. The pegs kind of bolt there to the 2 holes, and then angle out from the top down. I'd have to see how far out they are at the point where they intersect the pipes. I definitely don't want to be burning people. That's just not good at all. Could be possible to get a tad longer bold and leave the heat shield intact. I'll have to get around to tinkering on this stuff and see what the possibilities are.

Could anyone that has the Yoshi dual pipes fitted with the fender eliminator fitted please take a few pictures from different angles- tempted to purchase just want to make sure it looks the part - appreciate any help on this one cheers

stevieboy

Country flag
I am going to have to look for videos of all the aftermarket pipes. I think it is hard to make a single sound better and not just louder.

No videos yet, but here's a few pics of what I"m talking about with the rear pegs. The right one would be touching the spring and the loop the spring attaches to on the exhaust. I think with a little dremel work you could get it back on there, but I'd have to go ahead and make the disclaimer that I'm can't take responsibility if your passenger falls off or anything due to a dremeled peg, but I'll probably do it eventually and see how it goes.
View attachment 1927View attachment 1928View attachment 1929

regular_guy could you please do me a favour and take some photos of your bike showing a few different angles of the Yoshi pipes fitted with the fender eliminator - would be most appreciated Cheers

stevieboy

Country flag
I am going to have to look for videos of all the aftermarket pipes. I think it is hard to make a single sound better and not just louder.

I have a friend with a 390Duke. He bought a pipe from a sponsor on here as well as a fuel controller. Spent the time and money for dyno tuning. Bike is louder but has a more even tempered mid-range. He gained about 1HP for the$1000.00 he spent and now he says the poor mileage makes the small gas tank really noticeable.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I have a friend with a 390Duke. He bought a pipe from a sponsor on here as well as a fuel controller. Spent the time and money for dyno tuning. Bike is louder but has a more even tempered mid-range. He gained about 1HP for the$1000.00 he spent and now he says the poor mileage makes the small gas tank really noticeable.

Which fuel controller is he using? That should not be the case at all see post 1. With a filter and lid mod and "my" map it makes huge gains with better fuel economy...

stevieboy

Country flag
Which fuel controller is he using? That should not be the case at all see post 1. With a filter and lid mod and "my" map it makes huge gains with better fuel economy...

MIVV pipe. MNNTHBX airbox lid and filter mod as well. I do not recall which fuel controller he has. Would the controller make a difference or just the maps? I know he had several maps and then tuned it on the Dyno. I just hope I can keep my RC out of the shop!

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
MIVV pipe. MNNTHBX airbox lid and filter mod as well. I do not recall which fuel controller he has. Would the controller make a difference or just the maps? I know he had several maps and then tuned it on the Dyno. I just hope I can keep my RC out of the shop!

Oh I thought you meant he had the yosh system. There's the difference! Mivv pipe and I will bet it's a bazzaz controller too (which simply don't work properly on these for lots of reasons).... Put a yosh and PCV on there and 'see' the difference.

stevieboy

Country flag
Oh I thought you meant he had the yosh system. There's the difference! Mivv pipe and I will bet it's a bazzaz controller too (which simply don't work properly on these for lots of reasons).... Put a yosh and PCV on there and 'see' the difference.

Bazzaz wont work properly on the 390? Can you explain why?

NY$E_ORANGE1010

GREAT THREAD AND POST. Thank you greatly for the contributions to the site with legit information, I'm currently at a tug o war between the tosh or the arrow gp2 waiting to come across some hp gains from anyone who has proof to make my decision.

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Sad to see you'd post false information because we're competitors. Your statement is simply not true. It's understandable you're trying to sell PCV and Yosh, but I'm shocked to see such a blanket misleading statement from you. Both the Bazzaz and the MIVV work FANTASTIC on the 390, and in fact, adds over 8.5 hp right in the middle of the midrange. I'll be happy to provide our own testing results, direct you to customer feedback, link to Motorcyclist editor Ari Henning setting laps records in the most competitive racing in Cali, or point to the fact Bazzaz dominates to Moto America RC390 class. All this, with products that "don't work"...

You have good knowledge and input on this site, and plenty of good products. That alone holds value. There's no need for shady marketing or false claims, which ultimately undermines a forum. You're better than that. In selling volumes of MIVV pipes, I don't feel the need to post the Yosh doesn't work, because it does. We'd love to see your Bazzaz / MIVV test results on the 390...

Sadly, if a customer was having any issue, it wasn't brought to my attention, or they would have received timely support, as underachieving is a function of poor mapping.

Last edited:

F1Tod

Do you think it would be possible to put the Yosh on a 390D? I would love to have that dual high mount look on mine.
-Tod

Bazzaz wont work properly on the 390? Can you explain why?

Ok I am going to give my 2 cents worth - I am just a forum user with no gains to be made either way - Re Bazzaz vs PCV and Pipe as this is a thread started for the Yoshi dual pipe here is my findings as the end user purchaser -

Initially I had idle issues etc very bad - purchased as Bazzaz and had it installed with a fuel pipe - very similar to the ackro - Seriously the Bazzaz was no good at all after flicking the Bazza and installing a PCV - instantly the problem was resolved - OK back to the thread title - Yoshi Dual pipe -

I have just installed the Yoshi pipe with a map from CJ Wells - and running the open air box lid with K& N filter - A map was supplied for this set up From KTM Performance - The difference now is like night and day - I have been riding bikes for some 37 years - I do know my bikes - I need no one to supply me any data etc... to prove to me any gains here or there - This set up is totally brilliant - Smoothest idle I have ever had on the 390 - smoothest power delivery with the front wheel so easy to come up and with the sweetest exhaust tone - the bike now feels like it has been manufactured in Austria - I am not kidding - Don't get me wrong Methnnbx make some really awesome products - I run their mirror wedges - fork swing arm protectors - open air box lid and these are all precision items but as for the Bazzaz it is rubbish - Everyone will have their own opinion and everyone is entitled to do so - this is my opinion and I am not green to bikes - Thanks