New Yoshimura Exhaust coming!!!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
As the Technical Sales and Service Manager at Yoshimura I can definitively clear up some of the questions here... We do have our own RC390 here that we are actively developing many different configurations that we may or may not bring to market. The dual system in the image was a configuration we are considering for Race applications only. However the system shown maybe very close to a production system "wink-wink". The image was released for feedback from interested parties with great feedback so far. Yoshimura will never offer a "Street" system that has a catalyst eliminated. For any other information please contact our sales office in Chino or contact us through our website. Not really sure who you are Doctor Chocolate but we want all to understand that you are speculating and not speaking on our behalf and are not using your bike for development.

Tim,
Thanks for providing some feedback here and setting the record straight in a professional and courteous way... that certainly must not have been your initial reaction, so it's much appreciated. :)

As for the actual development ideas, is there any chance of y'all trying to do a design that maintains the stock location and exit for the exhaust? The Akrapovic design seems to be the best option for power (we don't have any official dyno data for the Arrow that I've seen as of yet) but it's not without it's problems. Namely, clearance for spools and the need to flip the axle nut around. The axle nut seems to be something others care more about, but clearance for spools is a very real issue that many have had problems with. I have to admit, I personally don't care at all for the undertail exhaust, and can't really fathom why there is a 1 to 2 exhaust on a small bore single. Getting some dyno data is going to be imperative to success as many of us supporting members here on the forum are strongly pushing the mantra:
"Show Us Your Dyno!"

Exhaust designs which fail to match the stock exhaust may be acceptable to some, but on a bike that only makes 39-40hp to start, even loosing 0.5hp isn't acceptable just for looks and sound. :)

Wa2fst

Country flag
i dig the undertail exhaust and as far as the twin pipes as long as they arent huge looks even better..honda dirt 4 strokes have 2 cans on them so their is something to the madness.

UMZenki

The twin undertail from a racing perspective is very appealing as it reduces the chance of scrapping a very pricey piece of hardware from a simple lowside... this is the top system on my list! now if you can just squeeze some power out of the thing!

micahpearlman

i dig the undertail exhaust and as far as the twin pipes as long as they arent huge looks even better..honda dirt 4 strokes have 2 cans on them so their is something to the madness.

I like the under seat dual exhaust as well. Considering the ground and swing arm clearance I have with the Akra on my race bike the under seat design is much more practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wa2fst

Country flag
Especially since most of us are dragging the belly..i couldnt imagine adding a can..then explaining why i have an exhaust slider on the lityle thing lol.

Treachery

Country flag
Speaking from experience, putting an underseat system on a bike that wasn't designed with one can be tricky. There's only so much room under there that you can pirate and still allow full wheel travel. I suspect that Yosh will exercise all caution in this area.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Although this true. These newer bikes styling are all high tails and stubbed down. No way the rear wheel is traveling that high. But i just hope its not 2 trash cans on the back..some of these side pipes look larger than the wheel.

YoshTim

Keep an eye on our website and social media.. When we are ready to release any information you will find it there first.

Regarding Dyno charts, Yoshimura will only provide Dyno information to customers who call or email the sales department. This keeps nonsense like dyno-drag racing to a minimum and prevents encouraging pointless arguments over who's is faster based on testing performed by different techs on different machines on different days.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Its obviously not out yet. And like most undertails the plate and blinkers will be attached from a stem in between the exhaust.

RobbiRob76

Any news on when this might come out! I'm getting anxious and sick of the quite stock exhaust, no one hears me coming in LA...
I was told the plan was by the end of this month or early October when i was at show in Madison WI 3 weeks ago. Only "YoshTim' can truly answer this on here...
Robbi

YoshTim

Hey Guys we have 2 pre-production carbon systems sitting in the marketing office we want to get rid of. I can do someone a good deal if the want one. PM or call for more details 909-628-4722 ext 464
RC3.jpg

Note: These are pre production race systems. They are hand made and may not fit with an aftermarket shock ( Our production system does fit with aftermarket shocks)

YoshTim

The prototypes are sold... Feel free to call your local dealer to order new systems from production. They are scheduled to ship at the end of the month. Thanks!!!

YoshTim

We did an Instagram post with a sound bite earlier this week. Call our sales department for performance information...