Chain noise

Hendrikrc390

Country flag
Hello! I recently replaced my engine and rear sprockets and chain. Im getting a huming sound which im not sure if its normal. Can anyone let me know if they get any noise whilst riding from their chains? A sound clip would be amazing to compare! Hoping a humming sound is normal. Have a 2019 rc 390 . 7000 kms on clock

KTMLaos

Country flag
Hi, it could well be that if haven't replaced your front sprocket this will be the cause of the noise.
A front sprocket (being smaller and thus doing more revolutions in general wares faster than the rear.
I recently replaced the dampening rear sprocket support and found that the carrier support bearing was worn. replaced both and now it all runs smooth without nasty noises ;)

Hello! I recently replaced my engine and rear sprockets and chain. Im getting a huming sound which im not sure if its normal. Can anyone let me know if they get any noise whilst riding from their chains? A sound clip would be amazing to compare! Hoping a humming sound is normal. Have a 2019 rc 390 . 7000 kms on clock

Hendrikrc390

Country flag
You are on the momey! I had bought the front sprocket but it looked totally different from the old one. I decided not to use it since the front sprocket looked very new... I will replace it this Weekend! Love this forum. Thanks for the reply