EU/AU Mirror Signal Part Numbers

s30series

EU/AU Turn Signal (in mirror) Part Numbers

FYI you will need the following to convert to the EU/AU mirrors with turn signals:

90514026000 x1 Light
90514025000 x1 Light

90508054050 x1 US block off
90508054000 x1 US block off

90508041010 x4 Washers
90514007010 x4 Screws

I ordred all mine for $150 from some German KTM dealer.....

Last edited:

A1VW2NV

Country flag
Thanks for sharing! Do you use the stock mirrors? Or replace the complete mirror? (I didn't see a pn)

s30series

You use your stock US mirrors. There are little bolts that hold the covers in place under the mirror part.

Also, looks like the washers/screws I posed above are not needed, because the stock DOT turn signals have screws/washers that can be used.

s30series

Got my lights in today. Took 4 days from Germany to Atlanta...pretty impressive.

Looks like the above part numbers will not work 100%. Either the US has a different wiring harness, the normal (not DOT) bike uses "extensions", or there are plugs behind headlight covers. The wiring on the mirror lights is no where near long enough to reach the unplugged DOT lights. I'm going to do more research...hopefully there are plug-ins behind the headlight covers....otherwise youll need to make little extension harnesses.

IMG_20150507_131925[1].jpg

s30series

After much fustration they are in. The US must have a different wiring harness. I had to to the following:

1. clip the US connection points off the frame side wiring harness (green and grey connectors)
2. take apart the DOT turn signals to gain access to the complete length of wire, and cut both ends off.
3. Soder one end of #2 wire to the frame side wiring harness (do this on both left and right sides AFTER AFTER AFTER feeding it through the front end (this is a whole other feat in itself. You must basically take apart the front end of the bike to gain access to behind the speedo, feed the wires down there to follow along the wiring harness)
4. Soder the ends you cut off in #1 to the other end of the fed through wires. This should end up being right where the mirrors go on
5. bolt everything back up, plug in mirrors, and voila.

Now heres the kicker. Being that the new ones are LEDs, they use less power than the DOT ones. I think the flasher is different on the US version as well, because even with everything hooked and working properly the lights flash rapidly, like there is a bulb out.

You can take a few shortcuts if you dont mind the look of wires hanging out and looking like shit, but I wanted a factory look so I did it right.

Looks good, but a pain in the ass.

Attachments

• IMG_20150507_133809[1].jpg
    IMG_20150507_133809[1].jpg
    946.9 KB · Views: 694
Last edited:

A1VW2NV

Country flag
When you convert from bulb to LED you need an LED flasher. I believe its a #152 relay.

Thanks for taking the time to share this!

Fasteddy

Country flag
I have heard that there is an extension wiring piece, one per side that plugs into loom / mirror LED. I cannot find a part number for it or locate it in a diagram but have been told it does exist.

s30series

So is there a front relay and a rear relay? My bike is now setup like any other EU/AU bike with factory led signals up front. Rears are un touched.

I didn't see extensions in all the parts diagrams I've seen. I thought maybe there were hidden plugs in the harness by the speedo. This is not the case. Either fab your own, or find the extensions you speak of

Fasteddy

Country flag
I am getting a used set, if there is a part number I will post it. The standard flasher control (relay) works on a mechanical duty cycle based on current load, By lowering the current draw with the LED it's duty cycle changed. You need one that is a solid state low current version for LED / incandescent, Most of the cycle shops carry, I had the same issue but other way around and this fixed it on my YZF, previous owner had LED's on back incandescent on front.

Fasteddy

Country flag
I am getting a used set, if there is a part number I will post it. The standard flasher control (relay) works on a mechanical duty cycle based on current load, By lowering the current draw with the LED it's duty cycle changed. You need one that is a solid state low current version for LED / incandescent, Most of the cycle shops carry, I had the same issue but other way around and this fixed it on my YZF, previous owner had LED's on back incandescent on front.

And yes there is just one for both front and back...

Fasteddy

Country flag
So is there a front relay and a rear relay? My bike is now setup like any other EU/AU bike with factory led signals up front. Rears are un touched.

I didn't see extensions in all the parts diagrams I've seen. I thought maybe there were hidden plugs in the harness by the speedo. This is not the case. Either fab your own, or find the extensions you speak of

So I received my EU spec stuff the other day and apparently the LED signals were an after thought and the wiring harness on EU bikes was modified to extend the plugs up to the mirror mounts. Also the rear signals have a circuit board with surface mount resistors inline wrapped in heat shrink to drop the voltage, I have not had a chance to see if the same is true on the front but it may have been part of the 'mod' in the harness.

It would seem the original design was the set up with non LED and the last minute production change was to add LED's. for EU spec...

So I stand (sit) corrected.