Extremely high idle

JuggaRC

Country flag
Hello folks.

Hoping someone can give me some guidance or if they experienced this. I have a 2016 Cup bike and was installing a healtech quickshifter, motholders fairing stay and motion pro throttle. I removed the tank and disconnected the ecu to install the quickshifter to the fuel injector and did my throttle swap.

I also had to disconnect the Speedo to route the harness through the opening on the race fairing stay. Reconnected everything and now upon start it will idle like normally (2000-2500rpm) for about 30-45sec and then will jump to 6000rpm and won’t come back down.

Anyone have any experience with this or guidance on if Ive messed up the TPS by disconnecting and reconnecting the dash or ecu?

Thanks In advance.

kostean

Country flag
2016 engine is manual throttle and none of the electronic components can affect idle that much.
As you changed to the motion pro throttle you have the cables probably not regulated correctly so the butterfly valve does not close properly.

JuggaRC

Country flag
Appreciate the replay but Sorry I mis-spoke. I haven’t installed the throttle as of yet so it’s the same as stock.

Also there are a number of idle threads talking about “resetting the throttle”. While the throttle is manual the fuel injection is controlled by the ecu. I would think since it uses a lambda sensor I’m assuming it has some sort of cold start setup as part of the fuel injection protocol.

Since that’s not the issue any other thoughts