Here's a real live one. In the US

guzz46

I see you've taken the belly pan off, I had mine off the other day, from some angles it actually looks quite good, other angles not so much, but one things for sure, it doesn't need to be as wide as it is, they could of easily made it narrower, they probably want people to buy the belly pan from the cup bike.

fos373

Guzz - the belly pan is off, as I have no reason for it right now. Waiting on the shipment for the real one (which was shipped last week). I'm still waiting on a bunch of parts that were ordered and shipped in the middle of January. DHL has potentially lost them as there has been no update in almost 5 weeks. The shipper is trying to track it down but DHL is giving them the run around with "US security measures", which is entertaining as it manifested on a plane from Frankfurt on the 25th of January. I've had other products from Europe ordered after this date and received them already.

I've removed the ABS module and I'm picking up new brake lines today. I test "ran" the bike on the stand and there was no interference with how the bike ran (other than the fuel gauge is not working now, but that appears to be something else - I think. I rehooked the ABS module to the connector and it still did it. There was a loose wire coming from the fuel tank that I reconnected in the dongle/connector but it still didn't work.). Trial and error. Trial and error....

Switched the shifter to GP shift - just reversed linkage bracket.

Removed the side stand and re-routed the sensor into the tool cubby. I glued and taped the magnet to the sensor. I found a bypass module for the side stand switch that I'll test out shortly.

Can I ask a few questions? Does your racing organization require a oil containment belly pan? If so what did you use instead of the KTM one you have on order? Did you change the sprockets to adjust gearing? I was told the front brake line was plastic covered metal. Are you replacing yours because it isn't metal under the covering? Did you like the stock Metzler tires on the track? I used the Pirellis on my CBR250 racer last season and they stick well. None of the RC390s have been delivered in Canada yet so I am going to be playing catch up.

parillaguy

fos373

Belly Pan - Yes we require one. However, this was just a track day and at a kart track so none was required. The KTM one was shipped and should be here soon. If not - turkey basting pan will be placed in the interim to meet the requirements. It's not a long term acceptable solution, however it's been done in the past.

Haven't changed the sprockets or tires yet. Sprockets as I need to order them. Tires, as I just decided to burn off the Metzlers rather than add to the stack. The stock tires have a lot to be desired and I wouldn't use them for racing.......

I'll look at the stock hoses again, but they appear to be just rubber. Regardless, I dis-assembled the ABS system and thus new lines were needed.

Received the 1st of the packages from Germany yesterday - race windscreen which covers the hole left by the removed headlights and it's a little taller. New front brake rotor. Akra exhaust as well as another exhaust.

fos373

I'll get some pics tomorrow or Thursday. Or everyone is welcome to come out to Chuckwalla next weekend to see it in person.