low radiator fluid (under 100 miles)

shortpballer

I just noticed my radiator fluid is at the minimum line today. I have less then 100 miles on the bike. The guy from the shop says that is normal. I have a hard time believing that.

RoninJames

yea mine was there as well, i just added some distilled water. at first service i had the system flushed and had them add engine ice instead of that green sludge

aj@x

Mine came from the shop like that, i haven't bothered to top it up as it hasn't gone down any further and would possibly just run out the overflow anyway after a good spirited run.

Arahant

Country flag
I noticed the same actually... I wasn't sure if it was normal I'm starting to think it is.... but maby I should add a touch of water to it.

one thing about engine ice, the guys at my dealership said the stuff that comes stock in the rc390 is better then engine ice... that they just got back from talking with people from the cup racing teams and that engine ice isn't any better then what comes stock... I'm not sure if what came stock is different for 2014 models versus 2015 models mine is 15. They said engine ice doesn't have as good lubrication properties.

Just what they told me, may or may not be true... they didnt have a reason to lie to me as they would have made more money just adding it for me as they had it in stock. I'v heard people talk about how they put in engine ice and it helped but I'm pretty sure most of those people had 2014 models, although it might be same stuff not sure. I know I drive pretty spirited and it gets up to temp pretty quick but it never goes above the point where the fan kicks on.

RoninJames

my dealer approved of me switching to engine ice at the first service, he just asked why i wanted to switch. he def didnt say anything about the stock stuff being better.
my temp gauge is still in the same place but the fan tends to come on a little less, at least it seems like it to me.

also, if you are evr going to do a track day, or race the bikes you cant use that green sludge because its very difficult to clean off the track, thats why stuff like engine ice and water wetter are preferred.
idk what comes in the Cup bikes, but most tracks wont let you race with normal antifreeze in ur bike

aj@x

Came back from a ride this morning and i noticed the skinny top hose along with the barb that is supposed to be attached to the top of the coolant res had broken off *sigh* off for warranty it goes i guess.