RC390 2022 for track days

Pierre

Country flag
Hi,
I am Pierre from mexico.
I have a RC390 2022 model.
Competing locally.

So far I have a race fairing, Dominator full exhaust, DNA and K&N air filters, PT V4, Fuel X pro... and I think that's it...
I just install the fuel X, so I am not sure if it works well for the moment...

I compete against Kawa 400, and I still can't keep up in the straights (We have 2 long straights in our track, 800m).
I have read about changing the injector. I bought the one recommend somewhere here or on Duke390 forum, a Bosch for some american V6 engine 3.7l i recon.... But It didn´t fit my bike.
I think the post was for 2016 models or so...

Do someone here have modified 2022+ model for track and can recommend some more mods to increase power and speed?
Also lloking for a good rearset system at a good price.

Thanks
Pierre
KTM RC390.jpg

Attachments

• KTM RC390 Autodromo Yucatan 2023-09-15 .jpg
    KTM RC390 Autodromo Yucatan 2023-09-15 .jpg
    131 KB · Views: 11

Djames

Country flag
Hey buddy, I'm in the same boat as you, seems not many of the new Gen RC390s getting tuned for track. Impossible to find discussion on spring rates or gearing as well.
For power, I've done the same mods as you, but still using stock header with changed midpipe and slip on, waiting to decide on Decat or not as I still ride min on the street too.
As far as I know, the guys a GrayArea KTM are the best source for KTMs on the track, and they are legit with podium Motoamerica Junior finishes all year and end of season.
They have a bunch a parts, high compression piston, cams, intake runner etc to get you to the next level... Here's their link: https://grayareaktm.store/collections/rc-390-2022