How To Replace front turn signal on 2023 RC390

Sydney_RC390

Country flag
Hi,

I dropped my 2023 bike and smashed the front right turn signal. I removed the side cover thinking this would allow me access to the 3 screws holding it in place.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case, does anyone know what needs removing to get access? Is this covered in a workshop manual (not the owners manual, it isn't, I checked).

Thanks for any ideas!

Sydney_RC390

Country flag
Hi,

I dropped my 2023 bike and smashed the front right turn signal. I removed the side cover thinking this would allow me access to the 3 screws holding it in place.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case, does anyone know what needs removing to get access? Is this covered in a workshop manual (not the owners manual, it isn't, I checked).

Thanks for any ideas!
So, I figured it out. As a minimum, you have to remove the windshield, taking the side cover off too. Even with this access to the bottom of the 3 allen-bolts is insanely tricky.

I'm sure an experienced person would know which other parts to remove to make it easier, but I wasn't sure how or what.

Once you've got the three bolts out, simply cut the cable tie holding the turn signal wire, unclip the connector and feed it out.

Then simply put the new part in place and refeed the wire, attach the connector, cable tie through the holes as per the original.

Seems to work OK, but I'd love to know if there is an easier way!