Sharing Fuel Maps

rippedcb

I know there was a little brief discussion about this topic in another thread but instead of hijacking that thread i figured i'd start a new one. Wondering what people's thoughts are about sharing maps? Do they feel it's their hard work and they wouldn't want to give that away or do some feel they are happy to share them? I understand every bike would have different mods and fuels and may require somewhat customized map but it would be a great starting point for people new in the game to learn from and play with at home and improve.

How about creating a database of PCv and Bazzaz maps on this forum? I'd be more than happy to share my maps if people are interested.

Thoughts?

Wa2fst

Country flag
I think its a great idea. But i think most will see they paid $300 towards a map someone else wants for free. In other forums in the past when someone paid for a tune and someone else wanted that map they usually offered a few bucks towards it. I think were all friends not sure if we are $300 friends. Just being honest. But sharing data is always a plus and maybe others would be inclined to share

rippedcb

I think its a great idea. But i think most will see they paid $300 towards a map someone else wants for free. In other forums in the past when someone paid for a tune and someone else wanted that map they usually offered a few bucks towards it. I think were all friends not sure if we are $300 friends. Just being honest. But sharing data is always a plus and maybe others would be inclined to share

I wondered the exact same thing.. thus i asked. Not sure what Mods would think of such idea either. But each person is different. Some would think like you pointed out and others wouldn't. Only worth doing if enough people are willing to chip in and/or are interested in learning. This is the first year of this bike in NA.. community is only prone to get bigger in the coming yrs. Many people may not have piggies for this bike yet, but i'm sure a lot more by next summer.
But lots of views and not many comments?:confused:

kcramp

Here's my Autotune map for my Stock exhaust, K&N filter with lid mod (removed dome). This map ran on 2 RC 390s with same mods and the power increase was immediately noticeable. Lap times prove this as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3K9020dSQ05TUF1UnM2UmlPcEE/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if there's any issues.

I threw your map into my controller and compared to the map that came with it, your map is very very...even across the board. Something like +8 almost everywhere until you get to the higher rpms/throttle percentage..
The one that came with my controller was practically +20 to +30 everywhere. I assume the + numbers means more gas...what gives? Am I running too rich with my old map? I was getting about 45 mpg at 80-85mph cruising..
I am new to all of this tuning stuff.

DCMoney

Country flag
I threw your map into my controller and compared to the map that came with it, your map is very very...even across the board. Something like +8 almost everywhere until you get to the higher rpms/throttle percentage..
The one that came with my controller was practically +20 to +30 everywhere. I assume the + numbers means more gas...what gives? Am I running too rich with my old map? I was getting about 45 mpg at 80-85mph cruising..
I am new to all of this tuning stuff.

Dyno Jets recommendations for 0- ~7200 rpm.