Suggestions on What Is Wrong

Took my KTM to the track on the weekend and it handled great. Can't say enough good things about how well the stock suspension (forks/shock) worked with the Pierelli Super Corsas. However, the power was just not there. The bike had no power and farted/backfired when rev'd hard. I only saw 89 KPH as top speed where I should have seen around 160+KPH. My KTM has stock air filter and air inlet tube, F1 exhaust can and I ran 100 octane leaded Avgas (I use it in our endurance race bike). No other engine mods. No Akro update to the ECU either. Track opinions are that the fix is to replace the leaded fuel with street 91 octane unleaded fuel and add a PCV. Suggestions? parillaguy

green_bread

Country flag
Yeah... sounds like you just need proper tuning. The popping you are hearing is more than likely due to a lean condition, which happens when changing pretty much anything with the intake/exhaust. This has been covered several times on this forum, already. ;-)

Ryanthegreat1

Probably killed the O2 sensor with the lead in the 100LL.

That and 100LL is a slow burn fuel and is not designed to work in a high RPM engine. Most piston airplane engines run between 2500 and 3500 RPMs.

Try going back to normal pump gas and report back.

mr-fabricator

If the o2 sensor is dead u will get a flash code , but u will have certainly not have helped it , hopefully a change to normal fuel will solve the issue , fuel should match a tune and vice versa , the bike is for street /pump fuel so use that , hope it gets running right again .