There are choices! PCV vs Bazzaz?

A1VW2NV

Country flag
It appears that this forum prefers the Power commander V. But there are other options, such as the Bazzaz Z-FI/Z-AFM. There are others as well but I'm mostly concerned with these two. Why did you choose one over the other? Pro's? Con's. I have seen the graphs to support the PCV but I've been unable to locate any proven dyno info on the Bazzaz.. If I'm going to spend a fair amount of $$, I'd prefer to do it only once! A buddy of mine also suggested going the MS route, as he has a lot of experience using and tuning it on cars.
Discuss...

mr-fabricator

I run race dynamics and it does the job , a dyno tune would make it better , have the PCV sat in a box waiting to go on and will be heaps better .

Pcv is the only one imo , i only got the RD as it was all that was available . Regardless of make they all need dyno time for your actual bike and PC has a lot bigger network and more experianced tuners . Plus u can get add ons in the future if needed .

GO PCV spend once and be happy .

micahpearlman

The biggest thing that the PC-V has going for it is that it comes with a closed loop lambda (O2) override while as far as I know no other current system has that. Also, most tuners I've dealt with don't want to (or like to) mess with anything other then a PCV -- that was the biggest reason on my part to get rid of the PowerTRONIC and get the PCV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psych0hans

Country flag
I spoke to the guys at race dynamics about adding an oxygen sensor eliminator, here is their reply.

Race Dynamics said:
Dear Hansveer,

The nature of the product being a system which works with the original system eliminates the need to override the stock air fuel ratios for normal operating conditions, which is approximately 14.7, which is the best for best mileage and least emissions.. At higher loads (~65%+ throttle) the system anyhow goes into an open loop, where the powertronic changes AFR to desired levels.

The PowerTRONIC already has lambda sim circuits which has been in application on KTMs, with no meaningful benefits in performance or ridability, and has since been discontinued. However, since most of the customer thoughts have been heavily influenced by the marketing terms, we will re-enable them in future products. Thanks for your feedback

ryandalling

I went with RapidBike and the tuning is perfect. Plus their quick shifter seems to be pretty reliable so far. So they are another option.

dobr

Good price but the map that comes with it will need tweaking so count on some Dyno time. I think Com Moto will give you their maps with purchase so their price ends up being better.

DCMoney

Country flag
Good price but the map that comes with it will need tweaking so count on some Dyno time. I think Com Moto will give you their maps with purchase so their price ends up being better.

I thought of that prior to my purchase, I know commonwealths maps will be close but it won't be the absolute best possible map for every bike, if you want the best performance even Commonwealth will tell you to get it tuned.

Treachery

Country flag
I went with PC because of previous experience with them on other bikes. I'm aware of Bazzaz, but missed the comparison discussion. I went with Commoto because of previous good experiences with them and because they support the forum. I'm happy so far; going for a long ride tomorrow to enjoy it some more.

DCMoney

Country flag
Another + for the PCV, can't do this with the Bazzaz.

[video=youtube;qLuTrCtsmLU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLuTrCtsmLU[/video]

One less thing I have to think about getting ready for that green flag to wave.