Waiting for Godot?

commandodave

WTF is going on with KTM getting the bikes to America? Or is it just my local dealer? I ordered and put a deposit down on a RC390 back in February. I was told it would be delivered in March. It is now June and no RC390 has arrived at the dealership. Two weeks ago i was told there was a problem with crating in India and that these bikes were being delivered to Indiana for final assembly. What is going on/ Is anyone else having similar problems with delivery?

DCMoney

Country flag
WTF is going on with KTM getting the bikes to America? Or is it just my local dealer? I ordered and put a deposit down on a RC390 back in February. I was told it would be delivered in March. It is now June and no RC390 has arrived at the dealership. Two weeks ago i was told there was a problem with crating in India and that these bikes were being delivered to Indiana for final assembly. What is going on/ Is anyone else having similar problems with delivery?

Dealer I ordered my 390 from in January has yet to get one in, I found a used one and got my deposit back.

A1VW2NV

Country flag
I have a hunch that the dealers that didn't pre-order are the ones having a hard time getting them.

Treachery

Country flag
It's also my understanding that dealers that were/are strong street KTM dealers got first allocations. Mine is very strong (apparently), and when I got mine in April, I was the third RC sold, with another on the floor and at least two 390 Dukes.

ASM

My local dealer has one for sale right now since a buyer backed out. If you are open to buy out-of-state, call Commonwealth Motorcycles (Site sponsor) and ask for Tony...

commandodave

My local dealer has one for sale right now since a buyer backed out. If you are open to buy out-of-state, call Commonwealth Motorcycles (Site sponsor) and ask for Tony...

Kind of difficult when in the middle of a deal. i am kind of committed. There was a trade in involved, and that has already been resold by the dealer. I could back off the KTM and apply the trade to any other bike in the shop, but who wants a Suzuki or Yamaha. I have always been partial to the European bikes. I own several Nortons and an Aprilia. In prehistoric times I raced a Husky and a Penton round tank Six Days.

Seth

Country flag
Have patience, after all it is a new KTM and as far as I heard a limited run. I had to just forget about it and bug the dealer every couple weeks. Eventually I got the email that it was in... Bliss I tell you!

onethump

I read about the bike last Sunday, demo'ed it on Monday, put a deposit down the same Monday, dealer told me he had 3 in stock. Picked it up that Wednesday. Sorry but I feel lucky now.

RC_AB

That sucks!

There's still one sitting on the floor at our dealer, I bought the other and apparently that's the only ones coming for this year.

commandodave

My wait may be over. i got a call from the dealer this morning. My RC390 is supposed to be in transit to the dealer and be ready for delivery Friday or Saturday! I can't wait.

commandodave

Waiting no longer:

Before:

image upload no size limit

After

photo storage

I picked it up this morning, then rode it over my favorite roads this afternoon. It is everything I hoped it would be - and more!! It even looks better in person than in pictures. I traded in a 2013 CBR 250R for the RC 390. The KTM has the brakes i wish the Honda had. The extra 150 cc doesn't hurt, either.