Water Temp Sensor dimensions / OEM sensor integration to AIM

RickCrespo

Country flag
Anyone know what the water temp sensor dimensions are? I'm looking to replace current sensor with one from AIM, or has anyone configured an AIM product to read an OEM 390 temp sensor?

Thanks,

Rick

RickCrespo

Country flag
Yes, AIM makes lap timers and dashes. In the US, most racers and track day folks use this system. I just installed this on my KTM. But the system doesn't read the stock temp sensor. I am looking for the dimensions on that sensor and hoping it matches a sensor I have on my other race bike.

https://www.aimtechnologies.com/aim-mxm/

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Pull it and measure diameter and thread pitch. It's not specified in the manual what it is, so the only way to know is to get eyeballs, calipers, and thread gauges on it.

RickCrespo

Country flag
I abandoned this idea and just placed an inline temp sensor into a radiator using a inline manifold. It was cheaper and easier to sort then going with replacing this OEM sensor.

Thanks all.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I abandoned this idea and just placed an inline temp sensor into a radiator using a inline manifold. It was cheaper and easier to sort then going with replacing this OEM sensor.

Thanks all.
I think most have gone with a secondary sensor, similar to you. Placement can be VERY important, but it's bone simple to do, and very reliable. I once epoxied a thermocouple to my radiator next to the intake flange, with the probe being very accurate and responsive. Not as good as the probe being directly exposed to the coolant straight out of the head, but hey, if it works, it works!