2017 RC125 in the US?

Peanut_EOD

I think it would vastly improve the used bike market, and increase bike value over all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToraTora

Country flag
This would be a fantastic first bike for a lot of folks is the States.

pho_bike_90_re.png

Treachery

Country flag
It'll be an interesting wait to see if it makes it here. Price point will be everything. Well...and QC.

As to tiered licensing---absolutely no question that it would be good all around.

ToraTora

Country flag
Not sure why you'd need 70 mph for it to be fun.

The 50cc Derbi Senda which is a motard style bike with a kit will easily do 70, weighs around 50 pounds less, and has been in the States since the early 2000s. They are stupid fun. ;)

With a kit the Derbi has around 12 to 18 hp, the Duke 125 probably has around 15 (the legal limit), so I expect you should be able to get them up to 70. Not as fast as you could with a 390, and you might have to play with the limiter (if it has one).

derbisenda.jpg

Treachery

Country flag
Not sure why you'd need 70 mph for it to be fun.

Sorry, incomplete thought: If you only needed it town-ish and backroads, and never on 60+ MPH highways. Of course, I had a Honda 175 back in the day that probably didn't make 20 HP; I think top speed on that was maybe 70; but it'd run 65-68 all day.

ToraTora

Country flag
I gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. :)

The thing is these bikes are "meant" for beginners, and well since a beginner shouldn't be riding on the freeway they wouldn't really ever have a need to go 70. ;)