2017 RC390 Released today

OldVet

Graphics are okay but I think I like the 15/16s better and I've never liked the looks of the exhaust hanging out there.

ToraTora

Country flag
Here's a better photo. ;) They also increased the diameter of the front disc to 320mm from 300mm.

pho_bike_90_re.png

I'm really surprised that it didn't get a removable subframe like the new Duke. That would have been a nice upgrade. It would have opened up potential aftermarket race subframes that could drop a lot of weight.

pho_bike_90_re.png

RCinBC

Country flag
I'm not a fan of the new look as much as I am of the '15 / '16. As soon as I saw the launch photos on the website I knew I wanted the '15 which I bought last week. don't like the new exhaust or colour scheme.

TennisFreak

I'd like to know if the build quality will be any different.

If not, then no amount of new paint will make it worth a purchase.

SneakyOwl

Doesn't seem like it will receive a new dash.
I am thinking the 2018 model of the RC will have all the goodies that the Duke got now. I might just keep my '15 model after all and just wait it out for some more major changes than what the 2017 brings to the table.

octaneguy

I like the look! The new Duke 390 is very aggressive, I'm liking that too. I wish they would just do an RC690 though. =)

the belly pan seems much smaller now too... and there is a kind of plastic below the passenger seat that I've not seen in '15 model.
Let's home the engine calibration to be better, with less instability at low load and low rpm.

I would not change mune for '17, in any case

SneakyOwl

Looks pretty identical to the 2016 European version if you ask me. The plastic below the passenger seat is there on all the RC models, just more visible here.

Andy

Country flag
Not much new for the new RC, there's some cracking deals at present on RCs in UK at moment. Obviously clearing stock at showrooms.

cornerslider

As much as I hate to say it....... I'm a little "under-whelmed"? It looks like the 2016 with a new- pretty/shiny wrapper? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my 2016 RC. I would like to see some serious upgrades that would make me want to a 2017. What I'm seeing makes me love my 2016 even more-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk