2019 RC390 Blown Motor

ecflipz

Country flag
Hello guys! Been MIA for quite some time. Haven't had much time to ride until this season. Anyways, the unfortunate happened last Tuesday and the RC390 motor seems to have failed. Merge on the highway and heard a loud pop then lost all power.

Haven't started investigating the cause but, would something such as a blown motor for a 2019 RC390 be a common occurrence? Transmission can still shift, oil level is perfect but doesn't crank like something is ceased.

Haven't done much to the bike on the performance side except suspension, mide pipe, slip on exhaust and Power Commander. Everything else was aesthetics. I have 7867km on the odometer and religious to only using Motul oil.

How hard would it be to acquire engine components for a rebuild or are there easier options to go about this broken bike 😭

Last edited:

ecflipz

Country flag
Parts are cheap. As long as nothing has been smashed you could repair it for pretty cheapish.
Nice, that's what I was hoping for.

Where's a good place to purchase parts? Still relatively new to the motorcycle scene and don't know much outlets for sourcing parts.

Last edited:

1JZSupra

Country flag
For OEM I go with KTMworld. If I'm looking for aftermarket stuff I usually check Grey Area KTM first since he continues to develop parts for this platform.

ecflipz

Country flag
For OEM I go with KTMworld. If I'm looking for aftermarket stuff I usually check Grey Area KTM first since he continues to develop parts for this platform.
Thank you! I just looked at KTMWorld. They don't ship internationally unless you use a forward freight service.

I hope Gray Area will be easier to get some things.

Last edited: