390 Quick Turn Throttles

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Long before we carried these, we used them on all our own bikes. These extremely high quality tubes ride on delrin bushings for a super smooth feel and increased throttle response with their quicker ratio cam. Removal end caps. $80 MNNTHBX - Enter

dobr

So what is the reduction? I'm guessing not a full 1/4 turn throttle but really wouldn't matter if its close. Will this allow full throttle without repositioning the hand?

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
A claimed 10% on paper, more in actuality. For sure, you will not have to reposition. BTW, we drew the passenger peg block-offs this morning (I want to stay on track in this thread though...).

dobr

Ugghhh you're killing me! Just ordered block offs from EBay because I didn't think you were going to make them!

Nice to hear about the throttle. Definitely an upgrade I'll be making.

Ryanthegreat1

Do these fit inside the stock cable housing? Do they eliminate the axial and radial slop the stock throttle tube has? Drives me crazy how cheap the controls are on the RC.

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
They fit stock housing and cables. Straight drop-in. Side to side play will always be there on any tube, as it has to have that clearance. Radial is a factor of your cable adjustment.

Ryanthegreat1

Stock throttle tube just seems excessively sloppy. The half dozen Hondas parked next to the RC390 have nice tight throttle tubes.

Cable is adjusted to as tight as possible. Just the tube has a really poor fit to the clipon and flops around. The build quality leaves a lot to be desired on the RC. Not nearly as refined as the Japanese bikes. I mean rounded out allen heads from the factory, really guys?

aj@x

Is this available with the H200 and H100 slip on cams that G2 were selling for the duke 390 if you asked them (they never put them on the website)? I'm asking because i've contacted the company directly two days ago and had no reply what so ever from them. I saw you had this for sale so my hopes are lifted once again that i may actually be able to get someone to take my money.

I am thinking of purchasing one of these from MNNTHBX as like many others have found the Std throttle is real crap

Has anyone purchased one of these on the Forum for there RC 390 ? and if so how have you found it slop / precision wise? Cheers

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Is this available with the H200 and H100 slip on cams that G2 were selling for the duke 390 if you asked them (they never put them on the website)? I'm asking because i've contacted the company directly two days ago and had no reply what so ever from them. I saw you had this for sale so my hopes are lifted once again that i may actually be able to get someone to take my money.
We sell only the quick turn variant (050 cam). It's a straight drop in, and works extremely well. We sell them because we use them, not the other way around. G2 pioneered this billet / delrin QTs, and still make the premier tube on the market. We sell quiet a few, so I'm sure somebody can offer feedback other than me...

KTMGene390

I am thinking of purchasing one of these from MNNTHBX as like many others have found the Std throttle is real crap

Has anyone purchased one of these on the Forum for there RC 390 ? and if so how have you found it slop / precision wise? Cheers

I have the G2 throttle tube purchased from MNNTHBX and I like it a lot! Big difference between the stock setup, much smoother and precise.

Last edited:

Chris

I have the G2 throttle tube purchased from MNNTHBX and I like it a lot! Big difference between the stock setup, much smoother and precise.
Do you have any pictures? How does it look on the bike?
It looks like a bigger diameter than the left grip would be.

big_sur

Do you have any pictures? How does it look on the bike?
It looks like a bigger diameter than the left grip would be.

Your grips account for the normal difference in diameter between the clutch and throttle sides.
2015-09-21%2022.19.33.jpg

CCSRacer68

This G2 Throttle only works for the street version RC390. The Cup Version uses a different cam for the throttle. The stock throttle and housing is different size between the street RC390 and Cup Bike.

aj@x

I bought one from G2 and fitted the H200 cam i was talking about instead of the quickcam which it also came with, it makes the bike awesome and less of a jumpy little turd in traffic (ie nowhere near as much riding the clutch in lower gears) if you commute which is what i do mainly.

I don't find it a hindrance at all when i'm out rec riding and giving it a bit either. You can buy the cams separately which is good. The H200 cam turns the product into something it was not really designed for initially so it won't be a quick turn throttle, but i wanted smoother low rpm control at stock travel and it worked perfectly. I'm posting this because i want to let you know how versatile this product actually is when thinking outside the box.

I highly recommend this upgrade, it totally changes the bike for the better and makes it a hell of a lot easier to change your grip over from the stock ktm ones....you'll know what i'm talking about if you've ever tried doing so.

Last edited: