Akra map any point if using a power commander?

GOJO

Hi does anyone know of a benifit of the dealer akra map flash if im using a pcv? As pcv has rev extend option to 10,500? And it will be getting dyno'd

mdabyo

Country flag
I will let someone else comment with specifics, but yes as i am told the Akra map does a lot more than a PCV can do. I also think it stops the bike from throwing some errors like no ABS.

Koala

as a side note dose anybody know if the Akra map is down loadable in California have asked at KTM and local dealers no one knows. want to do track days and race in AHMRA and i cheep so bought the street RC got my hands on a used Bazza with auto tune so not sure if that will cope with pulling of all the cansters ect .the Bazza was used on a cup bike previous to my purchase so they did not know for sure . only mods are air filter and i have not run it since install looking for some reasurance form some one who might have some experience thanks in advance Koala 24x

green_bread

Country flag
Yes, absolutely still do the Akra map if you are installing a PCV. It allows you to remove the emissions stuff without throwing a CEL and adds an extra 250 RPM to the limiter (which means a couple more MPH on the top end). I would recommend contacting Chad Wells (cjwells on here) about it as he is definitely the man with the most knowledge around this topic.

streetfighter

Yes, absolutely still do the Akra map if you are installing a PCV. It allows you to remove the emissions stuff without throwing a CEL and adds an extra 250 RPM to the limiter (which means a couple more MPH on the top end). I would recommend contacting Chad Wells (cjwells on here) about it as he is definitely the man with the most knowledge around this topic.

There are two models of Akra exhaust, one with cat and one without. I suppose Akra has a map for each. Anyone know the map file names or version numbers for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koala

There are two models of Akra exhaust, one with cat and one without. I suppose Akra has a map for each. Anyone know the map file names or version numbers for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The number i saw Chad post is KM902EV1419031 but cant find anyone in NOR CAL it load it its a KTM cup bike map i believe good luck. ps Chad will send a map with down load if you buy the PCV form him

green_bread

Country flag

I dont think there are two different maps for the two models of Akra exhaust.

The number i saw Chad post is KM902EV1419031 but cant find anyone in NOR CAL it load it its a KTM cup bike map i believe good luck. ps Chad will send a map with down load if you buy the PCV form him

Pretty sure the Akra map we are talking about is the one they load on the KTM Cup bikes. I could be wrong, but thats always been my understanding. Also, the Akra map is flashed to the bikes ECU, not the PCV. The PCV map Chad sends works in conjunction with the Akra map that is flashed to the bikes ECU.

Fasteddy

Country flag
FWIW

I believe the "Akra" map is actually just the standard EU map that non North American bikes get. I noticed this on the service print outs from dealers comparing before and after re flash of ECU.

Calani

FWIW I believe the "Akra" map is actually just the standard EU map that non North American bikes get. I noticed this on the service print outs from dealers comparing before and after re flash of ECU.
Are you sure? I checked the Powerparts catalogue for UK/GB and at the Akra system, it says "the special engine mapping" is included.