Akra map or not?

bradspeed14

well long story short I have a track day coming up, just ordered a few goodies for the bike, tires, Warmers, race tail, race windscreen, levers, grips and so on.. well I also got a k&n filter with the air box plate/mod.. is it worth spending the $95 and doing the Akra map? I still have the stock exhaust, or should I just wait and buy the pcv and get it tuned?

SPG

I would vote for the Acra map. Without the K&N and lid mod, and with the stock exhaust, it is good for close to 3 hp with no real downside. Throttle response is still good, and you get an extra 250 RPM.

Running non-ethanol fuel, my mixture with the map and no other mods was right around 13.0 to one which is just about perfect. While a custom map could be a bit better, for an off the shelf option, the 42.5 hp to the rear wheel is pretty decent. Until you get a PCV and some custom mapping, I would leave the box lid stock, get the map, and ride it like that. Also, if you get a PCV later, all of Chad's maps are based on the Acra as a starting point; so you will be doing it anyway.

-Sean

bradspeed14

I would vote for the Acra map. Without the K&N and lid mod, and with the stock exhaust, it is good for close to 3 hp with no real downside. Throttle response is still good, and you get an extra 250 RPM.

Running non-ethanol fuel, my mixture with the map and no other mods was right around 13.0 to one which is just about perfect. While a custom map could be a bit better, for an off the shelf option, the 42.5 hp to the rear wheel is pretty decent. Until you get a PCV and some custom mapping, I would leave the box lid stock, get the map, and ride it like that. Also, if you get a PCV later, all of Chad's maps are based on the Acra as a starting point; so you will be doing it anyway.

-Sean

thanks sean, I installed the plate and filter today since the bike was already taken apart.. it sounds so loud with that air box mod, I didn't ride it just revved it a few times.. I'm thinking I will just order the power commander and get a dyno tune (once I get my exhaust)