Annoying dash lights...

Kootenanny

First long(ish) ride today, over a very good road through the Monashee mountains. Absolutely loving the RC! But...seems every time I glance down, the red "shift" light is flashing at me! Anyone else with this problem? :p

Plus, what's up with the "Low Fuel" display? Comes on, says I have 57 km to go...then, light goes out. Comes on again, this time 60 km to go. Out again. Then, on again, 41 km to go...you got it, out again. I get to a gas station in another 10km, put in 7.1 litres of fuel. Hmmm. Fuel sensor seems to be a bit sketchy at lower tank levels.

Michelle

Hi Kootenanny

I am hoping to take some long rides now as well :cool:,, you know you can set the rev limiter ,, mine is set at 10,000 on trip 1 and 7000 on trip 2 but that is because I have only just ran my bike in...
I just went on YouTube and put in RC 390 change rev limiter and there is a very good vid on there how to change it...

Diploman

Like many moto fuel gauges, the 390's fuel readout does not/cannot reflect accurate data on the bike's actual fuel status. You have to consider the fuel gauge as suggestive, not informative. For more accurate information, set the Trip 2 odometer at zero (press "set" for 5 seconds) when at the fuel pump, then monitor miles ridden on the tank compared to the bike's typical Miles per gallon/km's per liter. The Duke will usually get around 120 miles per tank, the RC somewhat less.