anyone fit a Duke gauge cluster on an RC?

John390

Saw some video on a Duke recently and the cluster looks way cooler than ours. I wonder how close to plug and play the swap would be?

Tach looks readable is the biggest thing I like, but just overall it looks more impressive

Andy

Country flag
I like the Koso clocks as used by some WSS teams, I think it’s the RC250R setup but of course uses a racing loom.

I like the look of the new TFT(?) display on the Duke but don’t think it’s possible to retro fit. I find the RC gauge annoying as for an older person it’s hard to make out the rev bar and why the backlight can’t stay on all the time!

I did speak to the chaps at Scitsu and you can fit one of their rev counters but of course you need to fit it alongside the existing dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John390

I ask because I know that most times manufacturers like to make as few parts as possible. Therefore I suspect that the wiring harness is the same on the Duke390 and RC390. I could be wrong, but why? Its got the same sensors. Why make two wiring harness connectors on the top end of it?

If someone had a 17 or 18 Duke 390 near me, I'd love to try it. I have a garage to work in, lots of tools and decades of professional auto tech experience.

Falkon45

Country flag
It might not mount up. You'll need the left controls also. Since the RC is more race oriented, they probably figured there's no need for all the extras. I doubt the harnesses match, but you never know. May need an adapter harness.