Best Winding & Curvy Road for Riding ?

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
There are so many winding roads great for a motorcycle.

Deal's Gap is near us, so we are fortunate to ride this awesome highway.

What's yours favorite winding or curvy road ?

images

qidsnwv71lmjruepkvaj.jpg

long-windy-road.jpg

OldVet

You can't beat California... This is just one example...

You will find this sign on Highway 36 just out of Red Bluff, 140 miles later you'll hit highway 1 on the coast and this one twisty sucker...

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

OldVet

Here's another one just 20 miles from my house starting at Carmel, CA and goes south through Big Sur and beyond... It's tough to keep your eyes on the road on this one...

IMG_1276.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

MrGrody

Ya we are spoiled here in SoCal.

My top list

1. Idyllwild 74-243
2. Montezuma S22 Borrego
3. Palomar S6

Plenty of others aswell.

ktmnerd1958

Oh wow! These are great suggestions I've been looking for. I'm planning to ride my bike in here someday. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Grove

OK, maybe a bit out of bounds, but...

https://youtu.be/lUF-N8BsBmU

For SoCal, I've always liked Mulholland. Mainly it was convenient for me.

Used to go to Half Moon Bay, but only because was near my place in NorCal.

Last edited:

unicorn_violence

Hey Peeps, dont forget about Colorado. we have some pretty awesome roads here as well.

one of the most popular for Sport bikers is "horsepower hill" or Deckers Rd. probably the most popular rides close to Denver

3Jdiw8s.jpg

than there is Lookout Mountain Rd just outside of Denver, about a mile away from Golden and the Coors Brewery. this can get crowded but provides some awesome tight turns.

GEWEb9S.jpg

south of Denver, in Colorado springs is the infamous Pikes peak Rd, if you want to take your motorcycle over 14,000 ft

Trv8F0I.jpg

also famous is the "Million Dollar Highway" from Durango to Silverton. might not want too speed too much on this one.

pUOs64A.jpg

20dOAxk.jpg

unicorn_violence

on road ive always wanted to try but haven't yet, is Berthoud pass. its a mostly 3 lane road with nice sweeping turns and tight switchbacks, this goes over 12,600 ft

8ol0zd2.jpg

w0RL6VQ.jpg

g4yIPOF.jpg

another good one to try would be loveland pass, also summits over 12,00 ft.

jMNwoNj.jpg

ccBpJX0.jpg

Last edited:
Skaggs Spring Road in northern California is Perfection with a capital P. Sweeping, broad turns with minimal straights - left, right, left, right; high speed limit, minimal automobile traffic, perfect weather; it's elevated on a ridge, above most of the surrounding terrain, so visibility is incredible - you can enter every portion with extreme confidence because you can always see what's ahead. Some riders find the predictability boring but as a relatively new rider that's exactly the kind of road I am looking for. It is also pristine pavement with zero potholes or imperfections and fresh yellow paint.

Del Puerto Canyon Road, Mines Road, Redwood Road are other lovely rides in Norcal.

OldVet

Another of my favorite California roads, hwy 49 (AKA The Little Dragon) between Coulterville and Bear Valley...

DSC3031-X2.jpg