Brake Pads EBC HH or Brembo SC?

Has anyone used both the EBC HH and the Brembo SC pads with the standard rotor?
Interested to hear your opinion on both and which you prefer for track use

isaac_

I've always been a huge fan of the carbonne Lorraine on my other bikes. That's what I'll be going with. But subbed to see what people say about the HH and Brembo Sc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what made me choose Brembo SC, is that they do not need to be at hoigh temperature to be effective.
We should take care of racing pads, as they are designed for bikes faster and heavier than RC, so they are quickly at very high temperature. It is not the case for us.

1386328000842tabella_racing.jpg
I do not know anything good or bad about EBC HH, so no comment.

OldVet

I haven't tried the Brembo but have the HH pads on my 390 and I am very pleased with them. Compared to the stock pads they are a huge improvement...

=maz=

Country flag
One of our local racing stars who has won a BSB Supersport contract took one of our team bikes for a test around one of our local tracks...stock disk, stock pads and stock MC.
Cooked the lot...fuck he was fast tho.

Try the EBC EPFA HH. Excellent sintered performance. Much better than the old HH. Note on carbon pads, not sure on the little bikes if you can keep enough heat in them for best performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tried to get the EBC EPFA HH but couldnt source any in Australia?
Had to have something by this weekend, so went with EBC HH as my local shop could get them overnight.
Hopefully a good improvement over the stockers

Vesrah pads are the way to go! Best feel, last a long time and don't warp rotors. I have used both the Brembo and EBC and still recommend the Vesrah's over those two.

zaster

Country flag
I have the EBC FA606HH on my bike and it made a noticeable difference compared to he OEM pads.

Maddog Reynolds

I've always been a huge fan of the carbonne Lorraine

I had those on my Honda RC51 (VTR1000SP-Y) and they bit well with good feel, but but the pad and the steel back were quite thin. I wouldn't recommend them for a road bike if they will get wet often, because mine came loose! The friction material was loosened by rust between the sintered material and the steel backing. It didn't fall out because I saw the problem, but I wasn't happy :(

isaac_

I had those on my Honda RC51 (VTR1000SP-Y) and they bit well with good feel, but but the pad and the steel back were quite thin. I wouldn't recommend them for a road bike if they will get wet often, because mine came loose! The friction material was loosened by rust between the sintered material and the steel backing. It didn't fall out because I saw the problem, but I wasn't happy :(

Wow. I guess there's a first time for everything? Did you let them know? I race with these rain or shine. Never had a problem (edit: on my SV).

Last edited:

Maddog Reynolds

To be fair, I think they were damp in storage for a while. I told the shop I bought them from. They were surprised. They do a lot of track days and the pads work well for them, but they have a big, airy building to store their bikes, so they dry out quickly.