Bridgestone RS10 Review

Major

Background - I quit racing 8 years ago, I used to race in the LW Twins class as an expert on SV650's and tried an air cooled Ducati for a season. I was usually finishing in 4th thru 7th place. I bought my RC last August and have been to the track twice so far this season.

Tire info - The RS10's in small bike sizes can only be bought from a race tire vendor, I bought mine from stickboyracing.com, they were $280 a set and shipping was $20.

Review - I did the first track day on the stock Rosso II's and was impressed with how well they worked, especially the rear, (I have an aftermarket shock, and the front has been resprung with different oil). The front felt a little vague to me and later in the day I had a couple of small slides so I decided to get some proper race rubber for the next time I go to the track. I raced on Pirelli's and if money was not a concern I would have just ordered a set of super corsas but with shipping the Pirelli were going to cost me about $75 more. It seemed the Bridgestone were going to be a good second option.
I got a chance to hit the New York Safety Track this past Saturday, beautiful day, low 80's and low humidity. Right away the front felt much better, definately confidence inspiring, never had an issue all day with a slide or anything. The rear is equally good, by the afternoon I was applying full throttle at full lean on a couple of the corners. The rear is not as round as the Rosso II, you actually use all of the tire (from edge to edge). The NYST is relatively new and the pavment is still very smooth, I did not experience any chatter from either end all day. The pressures recommended by the vendor was 26 psi off the warmer for the rear and 27 for the front. The tires wore very well and I should be able to get another couple of days out of them (did just short of 100 miles). I really love riding this bike, it takes so little effort to turn and I can put it where ever I want on the track. Each session on Saturday was faster than the previous session and tires were up to the task. I will definately be ordering another set when the time comes.

The guys at CVMA racing the 390s were having trouble with front end feel when they started hitting the front of the pack lap times. When they switched from RS10 to Pirelli Supercorsas they were very happy. I'd give those a shot too if you're open.

unicorn_violence

The guys at CVMA racing the 390s were having trouble with front end feel when they started hitting the front of the pack lap times. When they switched from RS10 to Pirelli Supercorsas they were very happy. I'd give those a shot too if you're open.

i agree with that 100%. all the riders on 300cc bikes advised me to run the SC's and i haven't had a single issue with them. i was actually getting so much grip my aftermarket rearsets started scraping, so i had to raise them. i have yet to experience any slip on the corners. 2 trackdays and two full race weekends and i still have about 50% tread left

micahpearlman

i agree with that 100%. all the riders on 300cc bikes advised me to run the SC's and i haven't had a single issue with them. i was actually getting so much grip my aftermarket rearsets started scraping, so i had to raise them. i have yet to experience any slip on the corners. 2 trackdays and two full race weekends and i still have about 50% tread left

+1 on the Pirelli SC. Crazy grip and seem impossible to wear out -- at least on the tracks I run on (Sears Point, Thunderhill and Buttonwillow) -- apparently Chuckwalla will eat them up in a day. I change then out every fourth weekend though they seem like they could last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edwardp33

Country flag
Are you running 110 / 70's or 120's? I am considering running a 120 / 70 RS10 on the front. I have heard that this is a preference for some racers.

Major

I am running the 110, and really like it. The 120 would change the profile and not sure that would be for the best.

=maz=

Country flag
I'm quite keen to try the RS10's purely for the money saved per set... About $150au.

I'm also thinking of running the S21's as an intermediate tyre for those occasions where it's not wet enough for full wets but not dry enough to run the SC1's(my current tyre choice.)

mcycle1

Bridgestone S20 Evo has anyone tried them at the track? I have a set I have not mounted yet. I have been using the stock Metzler M5's and was surprised how well they work. I am running tire warmers. This is my first season back on the track in ten years, my pace is getting quicker and I have not hit the limits of the M5's yet. Opinions? Switch to the Evo's?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk