Clip on position: MC clearance issues.

m3hl

Country flag
What is a good way to setup bar position. Right now, it too a lot of fiddling to get everything to clear and my bike is great. I wanted to try to put on a radial MC, and there is absolutely no way it will clear the fairing or the stock fairing stay. I am using PSR clip ons at the moment. How are people using RCS style MCs?

Also note: I am running a tyga steering stop.

Last edited:

m3hl

Country flag
Does this help?

Thanks for the pic. The clearence issues im having are with the fairing under the lever, and the fairing/fairing stay at full lock. To me... it looks impossible to fit. I am wondering if my clip ons are in a good position.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Well, looks like you are already running the steering stopper which allows some better adjustment for lock to lock, and is typically how this sort of issue is addressed... so... the alternative may be to then also go with the Tyga clipons, which were designed JUST for the RC390, and give you clearance of the bodywork lock to lock as well as give the levers more room. Part of the big problem with generic clipons is they don't have enough room to clear the bodywork, like what you're running into.

Muckabucka

Country flag
It will work. I have my bars back as far as they can go without touching the tank at full lock. Also running the tyga bodywork FYI. If I make it by my storage unit in the next couple days, I'll snap a few more pics. The one above was just pulled from my FB page.