Decided on GPR ghost line

Dean

Hey guys, so I've been thinking for about 3 months now.. waiting and waiting for a exhaust thats going to give me some power and sound with stock position, but I'm still yet to find one... So I've decided to go the Ghost because I'm very impatient. Before i do, does anyone have dyno results? or has anyone got one and thinks its a good purchase?

Dean

Mmm I'll believe that when I see dyno results from the actual ghost line. Does anyone have the ghost?

SPG

Hi Dean,
As hard as it is to believe, I think the stock exhaust is not too bad for power. If you want more juice, the Acra map from the dealer gives almost 3 hp. If you want more sound from the stock location, a couple of holes drilled in key places would probably achieve that as well. The intake pipe goes directly to the lower chamber of the muffler, and the exit pipe goes all the way back up to the top of the muffler. Any holes from the lower chamber out, or the lower chamber into the exit pipe will short circuit the system and increase the sound.
-Sean

Dean

Hi Sean. Thanks for that information, that's really handy. To get the akra map put on I would need that powertroic thing wouldn't I?

OldVet

Hey guys, so I've been thinking for about 3 months now.. waiting and waiting for a exhaust thats going to give me some power and sound with stock position, but I'm still yet to find one... So I've decided to go the Ghost because I'm very impatient. Before i do, does anyone have dyno results? or has anyone got one and thinks its a good purchase?

I'm in the same boat but I'll continue to wait because I think all of the aftermarket options available at present are ugly.

Dean

yeah, i really want to keep stock location, I'm hoping someone has one that can let us know if its worth it!

SPG

Dean, the Acra map goes in the stock ECU. The dealer can do this, it seems to take an hour or so.
-Sean

Dean

Dean, the Acra map goes in the stock ECU. The dealer can do this, it seems to take an hour or so.
-Sean

thanks Sean, you wouldn't happen to know how much it would cost? roughly what everyones paid. just so i know the price area.

guzz46

I have the Powercone, which looks similar to the Ghost, I don't have any dyno data, but I won't go back to the standard exhaust again, its heavy and quiet, I would buy the Powercone or Ghost just for the weight savings alone, not to mention the sound and the hidden exhaust look.

CDN Duke

Country flag
I'm seriously considering the Ghost exhaust primarily for stock mounting location on a Duke 390... I like the idea that it's got db killer option if needed. Just looking for better video/sound clips of it compared to the one GPR video that compares their different setups. The sound quality in that video isn't particularly great. Trying to understand if it does really have a deep tone or not.

For anyone that is running the Ghost or even the Powercone, can you post a video or sound clips please?